PDA

View Full Version : A/C Energy assessor

AbsoluteWDJ
16-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I had a customer ask me whether their air conditioning system requires an energy assessor. It is something I personally haven't heard of. They printed of a sheet with a few details. Reading through this briefly, by 2011 all air conditioning systems over 12kW must have an annual inspection by an accredited air conditioning system energy assessor. Is this true and is there more information out there, who or where would we find the relevant qualifications?

beagle
16-03-2009, 06:45 PM
http://www.hvca.org.uk/education/aircontraining.html

nh3wizard
16-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Sounds like another way to make more money just on inspecting units.

AbsoluteWDJ
16-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the link Beagle. Has anyone out there had to carry out these reports and what is the general concensus?

laf100
16-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Our Health & Safety Manager sent an "urgent" email to my branch regarding training up an energy assessor iin December, my name was put forward and we have heard nothing since!!

I think it could all be a load of rhubarb, ie. something and nothing. I shall wait & see what occurs.
:confused:

Kp3
17-03-2009, 08:09 PM
basically after speaking to F-gas people. people are getting crossed wires. there are assessors that carry out surveys on buildings. these then ask us (air con/refrigeration engineers) to make sure that the a/c or ref systems are correct size, running as they should, etc, could the system be updated to say an inverter system to help the end consumer reduce there energy bill.

Pingo
20-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Due to no work , I was thinking about doing the course to become an A/C assessor but i need to know if there is any money to be made!

How much are A/C assessor charging for:

a) 2or 3 split units which go over the 12Kw limit.
b) VRV systems
c) Chilled water system with fan coils
d) large DX/ central plant/ RTUs

It may be nice to find faults in good working system:D

regards bob