PDA

View Full Version : Refigerator Climate Type

Futsal1st
16-03-2009, 01:27 AM
I have seen climate type SN, N, ST and T in refrigerators. Can anyone give me a reference to find out what they are?

I believe that they relate to ambient operating conditions and understand (have been told) that they relate to SN = 25C; N = 32C; ST 38C and T 43C. Are these numbers correct?

amitsaxena
16-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Yes, You are right, these are climate class, you can find these details in EN 153 Standard. If you dont have then reply. I will send you the same.

nike123
16-03-2009, 07:11 AM
I have seen climate type SN, N, ST and T in refrigerators. Can anyone give me a reference to find out what they are?

I believe that they relate to ambient operating conditions and understand (have been told) that they relate to SN = 25C; N = 32C; ST 38C and T 43C. Are these numbers correct?

Not exactly:

Climate class of fridge freezers

Every fridge freezer has a 'climate class', which tells you the range of room temperatures with which it can cope. The two you're most likely to come across in the UK are N class and SN class. Both work effectively in room temperatures up to 32°C.
N models shouldn't be used in rooms that become colder than 16°C. SN models shouldn't be used at room temperatures below 10°C.
Other classes that you might come across are ST and T. ST models work best at between 18°C and 38°C, and T models between 18°C and 43°C.
http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/fridge-freezers/page/features-explained/

Futsal1st
17-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Yes, You are right, these are climate class, you can find these details in EN 153 Standard. If you dont have then reply. I will send you the same.
If you could that would be much appreciated. :D

nike123 thanks for that :)

The question relates to a caravan I just bought and am using in Australia. Sydney (where I live) HVAC design is 32CDB. Tropical North Queensland could be 40's. My fridge is an SN and stopped working (everything defrosted) when ambient went to low 30's. :(

Trying to work out if I have a case of wrong climate class against the manufacturer of the van to get fridge changed.

pelle
09-08-2010, 01:24 PM
can you send me a copy as well??