PDA

View Full Version : U.K. Drivers ref Speeding

Grizzly
14-03-2009, 08:24 AM
O.K.
Guys speeding is an occupational Hazard.
But if you interested check out the website link below.
It has some very interesting reading mind you, some of the tips they suggest would have to be carried out by a braver or more stupid man than me!

It is definitely food for thought though?
Grizzly
PS If anyone has used similar advise previously I would love to hear about it.
Last time I got off a speeding ticket was many years ago.
When on the eve of going into the Army, I was chased for approx 3 miles through the local lanes whilst on my Triumph. By a Motor Cycle Cop who when having caught me accepted my explanation.
That the following day I was joining up! And therefore I was having a last blast down familiar local lanes. I was shifting mind!
Guess what as I say he let me off.
Been done several times since by sterile impersonal Tax collecting Machines!

http://www.pepipoo.com/Law_Practice.htm

Brian_UK
14-03-2009, 11:41 PM
I have seen that site before, yes interesting.

As regards speeding, none of us are perfect (but some are a little closer to it than others ;) ).

Look at it this way, when you are driving for work there is absolutely no reason to speed. The company can't make you speed and they certainly won't pay your fines or have the company secretary offer their licence for stamping.

al
15-03-2009, 04:15 PM
We've had situations here where the laser guns were challenged directly, if the police can't produce a calibration cert then the judge can throw the case out,this means the original ossifer having to appear with the gun in question!

Hell of a waste of police time,only drawback is if you challenge an offence here in the courts then if unsuccessfull the points are doubled:o

My own feeling is (shoot me if you wish!) if you know you were caught bang to rights then live with it.

:off topic:but fixed cameras on motorways and feckers hiding in bushes should just be banned!!

al

chemi-cool
15-03-2009, 05:07 PM
God I love policemen, they are so stupid it makes me smile every time they stop me.

38 years driving,45,000 KM a year, not one ticket!!

My new little van arrives on wednesdy..........