PDA

View Full Version : Amcoraire

jelectric
14-03-2009, 12:19 AM
anyone use this brand? can't find much info, i've got a 24,000 btu inverter unit it works for about 2 hrs. then flashes p8 for lack of ***** or conversion valve failure this is a new unit, the heat and cold work but on cooling it flashes p8 it's setup correctly as far as my 410a slidechart goes

on another note does -20 fahrenheit sound right for suction temperature?

thanks everybody

Brian_UK
14-03-2009, 11:43 PM
What type of service is it doing, freezer or cooler?

Mind you, re-reading your post you are using R410a, so is it an air conditioning unit ?

If it is then your suction temperature is way too low.

jelectric
16-03-2009, 05:13 AM
It's a mini split a/c made by amcor (which is made by tadiran? anyone?) any reliability ratings on amcor brand or opinions?

I'm going to the site on tuesday to recover refrigerant and recharge with the correct weight, and see what happens from there.

I don't work with many inverter a/c, i've learned from this great website that the slide chart does not work with inverter's

thanks everyone

jelectric
23-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I have more info on this inverter a/c it will randomly when it restarts create a super low suction pressure I actually measured it at 15" of vacuum and shortly after it shut off with the code for low refrigerant or bad reversing valve, I know for certain it's not low on refrigerant but would a bad reversing valve cause this? even though it never gets activated (these 3 a/c's will never see heat mode,)

The unit i spent my weekend with works all day great but when outside temp goes down this problem seem's to happen with this one, is this a symptom of low ambient temperature?
even though these are rated to 4 degrees in cooling mode
and it's about 55 fahrenheit outside maybe a little less

Or could these things be so poorly made that there clogged up with trash? causing a restriction?

The amcor tech rep says theres a known problem but his only answer is to exchange the condensing units which will also end my warranty and i'll end up with 3 more with the same problem!

sorry to ramble on i've installed dozen's of mini splits and never had a problem so this is really bugging me!

I really need some ammo to fire back at the tech rep any and all information would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

jelectric
26-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Well i'm changing 2 of these out for samsung's but the liquid line for the samsung is 1/4 instead of 3/8 can I just reduce the ends of existing lineset?

this is a $5000 loss to me!! don't buy amcor they suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for any responses.