PDA

View Full Version : Dixie narco decks

brian m w
12-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Hi i have had a lot of dixie narco decks and all have a slow leak on the evap. Tried leak detecting but can not find the leak.
I have seen a leak stopping formula that i am concidering using, Has any one tried these?? and if so are they any good?? or has any one any better ideas on sorting these out apart from throwing.

Brian

Slatts
14-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Hi i have had a lot of dixie narco decks and all have a slow leak on the evap. Tried leak detecting but can not find the leak.
I have seen a leak stopping formula that i am concidering using, Has any one tried these?? and if so are they any good?? or has any one any better ideas on sorting these out apart from throwing.

Brian
Hi Brian. I assume you've isolated the evap, pumped it up and found it's loosing pressure?
I'm not a big fan of putting anything other that refrigerant and oil in a system, but if the only alternative is to scrap the case, I suppose it's worth trying your leak stop stuff on a couple of cases and see if it works.
Let us know how it goes.

Kp3
14-03-2009, 07:40 PM
how big are your coils? can you not take them out and put in a water bath with your coil full of nitro to find the leak. i would not like to use the self sealing stuff

Slatts
15-03-2009, 12:13 AM
I assume you're talking about a stainless steel deck with a copper evap soldered under it and foamed in Brian?

brian m w
25-03-2009, 08:19 PM
I took the evap of and charged with 400psi nitrogen and put in in a bath and all apart from 1 cant find any bubbles, but they all loose preasure and cant keep a vac overnight. The evap is copper, i have been that the copper can be pourours. Dont know if this is corect

Brian_UK
25-03-2009, 10:55 PM
If losing vacuum are you sure that your guage lines are not breathing through the walls, connectors, or the manifold valves.