PDA

View Full Version : Thermo King SBIII Alarm Code 17 Help!!!

rodaking
12-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Hi everyone,

I have Thermo king SBIII and it was running fine when I turned it off after I picked up the load and try to start it and it won't start. Giving me Alarm Code 17 at this time I can't even find any Technision so any help would be greatly appreciated.

SteinarN
12-03-2009, 07:20 AM
Code 17 is engine failed to crank.
Does does the starter run at all? If not, is power present at the wire to the starter solenoid when the starter should be cranking?
If power is present but the starter does not run, then your starter or starter solenoid is probably faulty.

rodaking
12-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Code 17 is engine failed to crank.
Does does the starter run at all? If not, is power present at the wire to the starter solenoid when the starter should be cranking?
If power is present but the starter does not run, then your starter or starter solenoid is probably faulty.
when I turn it on it just give that code and a noise ( TIC-TOC) that about it nothing else.

rodaking
12-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Is there any way to fix this problem on my own right now? because by tomorrow my load will go bad.

SteinarN
12-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Do you have enough power in the battery? What is the battery voltage before the starter tries to engage?