PDA

View Full Version : Using the Fujitsu controller sensor insted of unit sensor?

Jimminick
11-03-2009, 04:38 PM
I've fitted 2 no. Fujitsu ARYA14L concealed units in 2 no. wall openings in a double-skinned insulated timber wall (2.4m floor to ceiling), ducted to a high level supply grille and the return spigot drawing air back from a low level return air via a sealed plenum. Unfortunately the builder hasn't insulated the fan coil housing as the wall detail is although he should have done so i suspect the internal sensor reading is being affected by the external conditions as the housing is basically no better than a garden shed. The internal temperatures within the room are not very stable but before the client gets the builder back to rip out and start again does anyone know how to reprogramme the standard controller to use it's in-built sensor instead of using the fan coil sensor....this could improve the situation by effectively measuring the room temp instead of the plenum temp. Any help appreciated....

Brian_UK
11-03-2009, 07:50 PM
If you have the wall controller then this should do it....

Press the ECONOMY button for more than 2 seconds to
select whether the room temperature is detected at the indoor unit (remote sensor) or the remote controller.

When the thermo sensor display appears, the room
temperature is detected at the remote controller.

Taken from page 6 of the operation manual, download here..

http://www.acd.co.uk/pdf/9373329060_En.pdf

also see here for other documentation

http://www.acd.co.uk/products.asp?browse=m&id=8

Jimminick
11-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks Brian, I'll try that and I'll check the ACD site out next time I have a Fujitsu query as a Google search failed me. Thanks again.

nike123
11-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks Brian, I'll try that and I'll check the ACD site out next time I have a Fujitsu query as a Google search failed me. Thanks again.

But before that, check your instalation manual, which comes with unit packing.:(

pen_ster2002
12-03-2009, 03:55 PM
As standard you cannot change it using the controller you may find it flashes up with a key wich means the feature is locked. You need to unlock it using program function number 42. To do this turn the unit off at the controller then hold down both set temp buttons and the fan speed button for a few seconds. Now use the set time buttons to select program 42, you will probebly see 00 next to it on the display now use the set temp buttons to select 01. Then hold down the set button untill the 01 stops flashing and you should hear the unit beep. Hold down the two set temp buttons and the fan again to exit function setting mode. You can now change where it picks up the temp by holding the economy button.

betheclub
19-09-2010, 02:51 AM
the same problem my model is Fujitsu ASU18RLX is possible for you send function for unlock thermo sensor. The function 42 not work for my model.
thank you.

amerillove
24-09-2010, 09:31 PM
It is a worldwide trademark of FUJITSU GENERAL LIMITED. All specifications subject to change ...... the new type wired remote controller (thermo sensor added)

BruceG
29-09-2010, 09:19 AM
As standard you cannot change it using the controller you may find it flashes up with a key wich means the feature is locked. You need to unlock it using program function number 42. To do this turn the unit off at the controller then hold down both set temp buttons and the fan speed button for a few seconds. Now use the set time buttons to select program 42, you will probebly see 00 next to it on the display now use the set temp buttons to select 01. Then hold down the set button untill the 01 stops flashing and you should hear the unit beep. Hold down the two set temp buttons and the fan again to exit function setting mode. You can now change where it picks up the temp by holding the economy button.
How to get program 42 on controller prior to inverter models ?

Mr.Ductless
09-10-2010, 10:18 PM
The ASU18RLX is a wall mount model and by default it will only take readings from the thermistor inside the machine, never from the t-stat.