PDA

View Full Version : air conditioning for bakery

viorelbuiuc
11-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi, could someone tell me about cooling systems used for cooling bread (bakery products). I have a situation , in a bakery factory, the bread enter in the room with about 90 degrees and in about 3 hours must be cool down to 28 degrees. The quantity is about 600 kg. The room volume is about 60 mc. It result about 25 kw at the T0=+15 and Tk= +45
I know that are problems with cooled air throw directly on the product.
Could anyone give some publications , articles about the cooling technology in bakery industry ??

multisync
11-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi, could someone tell me about cooling systems used for cooling bread (bakery products). I have a situation , in a bakery factory, the bread enter in the room with about 90 degrees and in about 3 hours must be cool down to 28 degrees. The quantity is about 600 kg. The room volume is about 60 mc. It result about 25 kw at the T0=+15 and Tk= +45
I know that are problems with cooled air throw directly on the product.
Could anyone give some publications , articles about the cooling technology in bakery industry ??

Use a sock system and high grade filtration (clean regularly!)

NoNickName
11-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Baked goods have a high latent heat of vaporization due to steam. At the same time, if cooling is too fast, bread and pastry can become moist and soft, instead than crispy.
Therefore it is paramount that A/C is primarily sized on dehumidification rate, and a sensible heat factor of .3 to .5 to total heat.

nike123
12-03-2009, 08:34 AM
:off topic:Vacuum cooling

Baking products for instance can be cooled down
to ambient temperature in just three minutes after baking. This procedure
allows a much longer shelf life for baking goods on a purely physical basis.
Moreover, the resulting products are much healthier since the use of chemical
additives can be reduced drastically or even eliminated. Spirig Engineering
will continue to develop solutions for third parties.

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS130033+28-Feb-2008+PRN20080228