PDA

View Full Version : help TK genset maint.

PrimeTrucker24
10-03-2009, 03:03 AM
Hi gents.
i just found out this forum today. im sure you can help me out with my concern. we are planning to add in our trucking services the use of Thermo King generator set models SG-2000 & SG-3000 but don't have any idea yet what it's necessary servicing and at what interval. does any body have servicing/parts manuals for these equipment? hoping you can help us. here's my email add.. jndusaban@lycos.com.

thanks! RE is really the COOL!;)

utc/tk foreman
13-03-2009, 01:40 AM
It's pretty much the same as any other equipment, 1000 - 1500 hrs or one year between full pm services (clean inlet screen, drain fuel sump, oil and fuel filters and oil.) tensioning the water pump belt is kind of a pain in the ass, but needs to be done about once a year. As far as the gen windings, there's nothing that needs regular maintance. Just make sure to keep good batteries in them, otherwise it'll start burning stuff up in the contol box. Are you guys getting sgco's or sgcm's? And try to get as many of the 3000's as you can - they are by far easier to fix and far more trouble free than their older brothers!

utc/tk foreman
13-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Sorry, forgot to add this, definetly stay away from any 3000's that say "eco-power" on them. TK made this a 2 speed gen that would produce both 60 and 50 hz. And I have seen nothing but troubles with this option.

PrimeTrucker24
19-03-2009, 01:51 AM
thanks a lot bro.
is there any servicing or parts manual for sg3000? we'd like to project its maintenance cost and stock up fast moving parts necessary for its servicing. it also really help a lot.

more power!