PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV-S controller configuration

mchild
10-03-2009, 04:17 PM
I recently had a Daikin VRV-S system installed in my home. There is one controller model BRC1D71, which is the 7 day programmable model. After installation, with help from members of this group, I set the single controller to Auto change over from heat to cool modes. There are no programs set in the scheduler as I keep the same temp all the time.

Until just recently the system has only operated in heat mode. The heat mode temp is set at 69*F and the cooling mode temp is set for 78*F. These temps are set with the controller in the individual modes of heat and cool. The other day, for the first time, the system switched automatically to cooling mode. At the time the room temps were about 76*F and when I looked at the controller it had switched to cooling mode and the temp was set for 69*F not 78*F.

So, I must not have something configured properly. What do I need to do to have the system automatically switch between heat and cool and back again and do so at the correct temps – 69*F for heat mode and 78*F for cooling mode.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

mchild
12-03-2009, 08:06 PM
I have continued to try and resolve the issue in my post above while waiting to hear from others with more experience.

From looking at the operating manual it seems like the “Limit” operation is what I need to set up. While it is not clear in the manual, I believe I must do this by getting into the Schedule function, but when I try to set the upper and lower temp limits I can not set the upper and lower limit less than 11*F apart. Thus, if I set the cooling limit at 78*F then I can not set the heat temp any higher than 67*F. Since my desired 69*F and 78*F are only 9*F apart I can not set the limits to these temps.

So, I am still without the benefit of this Auto changeover feature. Does anyone know if setting the Limit function through the Schedule function is correct way of setting the parameters for Auto Changeover, and if so, how can I get past the 11*F dead band that the controller is requiring?

Thank you.