PDA

View Full Version : Daiken FLX60JVEA tries to start but cuts out

PADDYC
10-03-2009, 09:46 AM
like the title this daiken tries to start for a few seconds then it cuts out This is on heating mode every thing seems to worf ok for cooling mode ....any ideas

PADDYC
10-03-2009, 10:06 AM
I can see a green flashing light and after it cuts out there is also a sigle red light flashing and the green also

Brian_UK
10-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Do you have a hard wired or hand held remote controller?
Has a fault code been shown?

frank
10-03-2009, 07:50 PM
The FLX only comes with a hand held controller.

You need to interrogate the unit to find the fault code. Search the forum for Daikin fault codes to find out how to interrogate the unit

I suspect that the indoor coil sensor is at fault.

PADDYC
11-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Has fault L5 compressor motor ground/short circuit red yellow blue and brown all have a 1OHM restiance betweeen them is compressor stuffed?

paul_h
11-03-2009, 10:18 AM
megger test the compressor, if that's good then the inverter may be stuffed.
I had a post in here a few times regarding daikins, and I remember being told, the compressor hardly ever stuffs up, but the inverter board fault is very common in the older ones.

Can you test the inverter diodes with your multimeter? Their shouldn't be any diode test results below 0.4V, ie no shorts when testing one way, and testing the other way they should all be open circuit. If you don't know what I'm talking about, there's heaps of info on this site regarding testing inverter IPMs.
I'm a fuji inverter tech though, not a daikin a/c tech.

But without a megger test of the compressor, and a diode test of the IPM, you're only guessing at what is the cause of the fault.

edit: VVVVV
Temprite, you're the guy I got all my daikin advice from!

Temprite
11-03-2009, 01:17 PM
megger test the compressor, if that's good then the inverter may be stuffed.
I had a post in here a few times regarding daikins, and I remember being told, the compressor hardly ever stuffs up, but the inverter board fault is very common in the older ones.

Good advice. That fault,that model I would say 99.9% that the control PCB is dead.

bratosin
24-05-2009, 06:05 AM
try to check diodeson IPM (inverter power module) L5 in the most causes has IMP defective

caseco
11-10-2009, 06:38 PM
test the in line fuse on the inverter board i had this problem recently compressor would start but once unit tried bringing on fan it would cause a fault and stop

claretandblue
20-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Try doing a spin test on the outdoor fan. This can throw up an L5 fault i think as the fan motor is an inverter. Take the blade of and spin it by hand (motor must be unplugged) and it should spin 1-1/2 turns and not feel lumpy. Problem is the fan sometimes blows the PCB too.