PDA

View Full Version : co op installs

coolhibby1875
09-03-2009, 05:03 PM
news has it wr has just won 300 installs/refits for co op this year anyone heard the same?

paulwild
09-03-2009, 07:05 PM
whos wr mate

top engineer
09-03-2009, 08:18 PM
who is building the packs for these jobs by the way looks like wr are in for a busy time what with all the tesco work

coolhibby1875
09-03-2009, 08:52 PM
hi paulwild sorry to sound abrupt but are you taking the pi@@ or do you really not know how WR is ?

WebRam
11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
word is they cut their rates by 37.5 percent ...........

coolhibby1875
11-03-2009, 07:11 PM
i dont think they got the work due to price cuts but due to the fact that the current service providers lack of respect in the negiotiations i,e they thought it was going to be thier way or no way so the co op told them to do one.

bill1983
19-03-2009, 12:47 PM
co-op work goes out to internet auction style bidding. noboddy has "won" any amount of installs. also since the co-op has changed its refit policy to mainly integrals, to get the remainder of the co-op stores converted to the new colours, the installs will consist of: plug in, test, leave. how many ENGINEERS will anybody need to do that? if there is any pack type work it will probably be artic circle or conveni pack, and barkers cabinets.

CJG21
19-03-2009, 04:25 PM
word is they cut their rates by 37.5 percent ...........

Word is WR are calling in the receivers tomorrow

Colin G
19-03-2009, 06:08 PM
i also heard co-op have decided to use integrals in stead of pipe systems in some of there up and coming installs, if thats true then the most of the work will be rdm alarm install and a/c work, will be good news for capital cooling as they supply the isa cabinets unfortunately less work for us that do the actual install.

bill1983
20-03-2009, 04:45 PM
yeah but think of all that service work have you seen the isa cabinets. standard pos put together for a minimum price with no thought to pipework layout. i predict gas leaks and compressor failures by the boatload

coolhibby1875
20-03-2009, 06:56 PM
its just amazing the amount of sceptisim and guessing that goes on in this forum when it comes to wr, THEY are going bust,they are under cutting this and under cutting that its all integrals in the refits blah blah blah out of the 90 refits this year in scotland over 50 will involve new cases and packs and plenty of instalation they are also getting 200 somerfield to co op install later in the year, So lets instead of putting the boot into them at every givin chance they should be praised for taking on such ambitious projects.

Colin G
20-03-2009, 07:03 PM
if i mind right is it a massive slide out tray on the underneath of the cabinet that are a pain to get out by yourself.

they cant be worse than they barkers pipe cases they are buying, by the time the case fitters are finished all the seals are buggered after they have been shoved up, and they fit a silly plate next to the leg on the arse of the case which is tight to the drain fitting and if you get your average case fitter they smack the case in to position with a sammy bar on the leg which then causes said plate of metal to shear the fitting of the cabinet!

all good fun i suppose! haha

MR CVP
20-03-2009, 08:00 PM
its just amazing the amount of sceptisim and guessing that goes on in this forum when it comes to wr, THEY are going bust,they are under cutting this and under cutting that its all integrals in the refits blah blah blah out of the 90 refits this year in scotland over 50 will involve new cases and packs and plenty of instalation they are also getting 200 somerfield to co op install later in the year, So lets instead of putting the boot into them at every givin chance they should be praised for taking on such ambitious projects.

CoolHibby I could not agree more with you, This kind of rumour is no good for anyone,in particular for the WR Engineers, in these difficult times they have enough to worry about without this sort of thing going around. I agree too about the Co-op installs, not all sites will be going to integrals, for one most sites don't have a big enough incoming mains for them to go down this , so putting in a Pack becomes cost effective, I personally thing that the status quo will be ressumed within a couple of months.

bill1983
21-03-2009, 10:51 AM
the problem is that this kind of rumour is always going to be around especially in this kind of climate. i don't believe that these rumours are started by competitors, rather they usually start when a company loses a contract on price or when a company employs cost saving methods which initially seem drastic but turn out to be sound economics, such as stringent overtime controls, or lack of wage rises, or depot closure or even making a van fleet last another 12 months or so. they usually start when word of this gets round the industry and someone hears from someone who was told by someone's brother who knows the girl who's just been made redundant from such and such a company. then a question gets posted on a website like this and the rumour mill goes into unpaid overtime until very quickly the rumour is sqashed definitavely.
yes the rumour does nobody any good, especially the engineers, but they will always be around. shall we close this subject now?

coolhibby1875
21-03-2009, 03:24 PM
bill i could not have put it better myself!

TEVM8
28-03-2009, 08:53 PM
yeah but think of all that service work have you seen the isa cabinets. standard pos put together for a minimum price with no thought to pipework layout. i predict gas leaks and compressor failures by the boatload

Guess this is why Peak have made alot of there engineers redundant.:confused:
Had it to good for to long me thinks:o

Latte
29-03-2009, 10:03 PM
i also heard co-op have decided to use integrals in stead of pipe systems in some of there up and coming installs, if thats true then the most of the work will be rdm alarm install and a/c work, will be good news for capital cooling as they supply the isa cabinets unfortunately less work for us that do the actual install.

Just seen some of the Capital Cabinets and look good. looks like a re-design of the old ones they were using. not sure who's refitting the sites that use remotes though although i dont think thats capital

Colin G
29-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Just seen some of the Capital Cabinets and look good. looks like a re-design of the old ones they were using. not sure who's refitting the sites that use remotes though although i dont think thats capital

from the ones i have seen, capital cooling usually deliver and put in place, and the fridge man on the job has to network them back to the data manager with ip modules and setup the optimizer on the lt cabinets.

What i have found is the network connector in the black rdm enclosures can play up, i have found a few that needed to be wiggled about to work and some that need a new box, its the actual rj45 socket is self which is surface soldered onto the board, suppose cant really blame capital for that one as it is rdm's product.

I think the ht cabinets are barkers cabinets and its just the lts that are isas

Colin G
29-03-2009, 10:23 PM
I think the ht cabinets are barkers cabinets and its just the lts that are isas

Thinking again it might just be the piped ht's that are barkers cant remember :confused:

Devsan
04-04-2009, 10:20 AM
well said lion.
i agree totally with your post.
to many crap subbies out there charging next to nothing and screwing it for the rest of us hard working subbies

jwhytock
16-04-2009, 09:57 PM
:cool:im sorry COOLHIBBY but it has to be said if wr hadnt lost the m&s work there is no chance they would have put in such a suicidal price in the region of 37% below all others
cannot see how these can be done for such prices unless they are looking to pull in massive amounts of extra costs from the refits
in whole personally speaking i think these refits will cost wr a huge amount of money ive worked on about 40 to 50 odd of these jobs and there can be no shortcuts
sorry wr price = cant be done mate really poor move

coolhibby1875
17-04-2009, 12:29 AM
hi james you and i both know that wr didnt win these at 37% below all others i priced 1 today myself and marked the job up 30%,but if you want to believe the kb spin knock your self out.
also james the contract with the co op was done and dusted way before the m@s contract was lost and and in the whole scheme of things the m@s contract in scotland is no big loss when you compare it to the 60 aldi we take back from kb as well as 120 co op / scotmid, but there again i suppose we only won them because wr are taking 50 % less than everyone else. DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE take it from people who actually are in the know this whole 37% nonesense is ****e.

WebRam
17-04-2009, 07:32 AM
guys, its getting a little personal here so I will just go ahead and close this thread.