PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Lao PDR (Laos)

desA
09-03-2009, 02:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I operate as a consulting engineer in central-western Laos.

My wife & I recently moved back to her home country after many years in Thailand. Laos is gradually re-booting itself economically after many years of extremely difficult times.

We are presently situated on the new West-East highway that stretches from Da Nang, Vietnam (in the east), through Laos, Thailand & onto Myanmar (west). A new Tax-Free production zone is presently being built & I have plans to establish a factory in this zone within the next few years - if things go according to plan.

My speciality is the design of thermo-fluid systems, & I currently design large heat-pumps for a Thai-based, internationally-owned, heat-pump manufacturer.

I find RE to be a true gold-mine of useful, practical information - with a lot of nudges to equipment designers of what pitfalls to try & avoid. I have a few heat-pumps in my laboratory & work on them to make sure I know what it feels like to have to suffer with poor gauge/instrument placement etc.

Thanks everyone for letting me aboard. I wish you all the best of success in business - especially in these trying times.

desA :)

Brian_UK
09-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi desA and a warm welcome to the forum.

desA
10-03-2009, 12:26 AM
^ Thanks very much, Brian.