PDA

View Full Version : moving air con unit

Mark-Cool-IT
08-03-2009, 08:22 PM
can i pump system down move too new location use same gas in outdoor unit thanks

tarcau mihai
08-03-2009, 08:26 PM
yes you can do it!
Don't foreget to vacuum it before you restart'it!!!!!!!!!

Mark-Cool-IT
08-03-2009, 08:56 PM
can i pump a air con system down move re instal use same gas in outdoor unit thanks

Mark-Cool-IT
08-03-2009, 09:02 PM
yes you can do it!
Don't foreget to vacuum it before you restart'it!!!!!!!!!
do i close the liquid line and run it on cooling

Mark-Cool-IT
08-03-2009, 09:17 PM
thanks for that

Brian_UK
09-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Might be safer to get a AC technician in as it sounds like you could be getting into areas such as breaking the law regarding refrigerant handling.

AbsoluteWDJ
10-03-2009, 10:07 PM
can i pump system down move too new location use same gas in outdoor unit thanks

Yes, this can be done but there are a number of issues I would look at first if I was you 1. Is the unit capable of cooling/heating the area you are locating it to. 2. Would it be installed within maximum allowable length of pipe and height difference for this system. 3. Would you know the additional refrigerant required if extending pipework. 4. Have you got the correct materials/tools and experience to do the job. If your not an a/c engineer then my advice to you would be to get more advice from someone locally in the business. You would probably receive free site survey (this should answer these questions) and quotation.