PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable cost for Trane Heat pump

ChrisK
07-03-2009, 10:15 PM
I live in Washington State and would like to know if anyone has an idea of what a reasonable price would be for a replacement of my heating and cooling system. Our house is a 2 story with roughly 2,500 sf. I am considering a new Trane system 3.5 tons XL15i HP, replacing the auxiliary heat system in the garage and new thermostat.

Beyond that I believe the installation should be pretty straight forward. At this point I'm just trying to understand if I am looking at $6K-$9K, $13K-$15K or something in between. Any reasonable guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Toosh
08-03-2009, 02:37 AM
I live in Washington State and would like to know if anyone has an idea of what a reasonable price would be for a replacement of my heating and cooling system. Our house is a 2 story with roughly 2,500 sf. I am considering a new Trane system 3.5 tons XL15i HP, replacing the auxiliary heat system in the garage and new thermostat.

Beyond that I believe the installation should be pretty straight forward. At this point I'm just trying to understand if I am looking at $6K-$9K, $13K-$15K or something in between. Any reasonable guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Chris, Have you had a look at the Japanese technology ie invertors the cost might be higher but in the long run it will make savings, maybe trane have them by now.

Norm

ChrisK
09-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Norm,

I appreciate your advise, but with my past experience with the Trane systems, I would prefer to stay with them. I've now got an estimate in hand at roughly $10K for a new unit in the garage (air handler & coils), 3.5 ton XL15i outdoor heat pump and new thermostat. Does $10K sound about right?? Thank you for your time.

Chris

Toosh
09-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Norm,

I appreciate your advise, but with my past experience with the Trane systems, I would prefer to stay with them. I've now got an estimate in hand at roughly $10K for a new unit in the garage (air handler & coils), 3.5 ton XL15i outdoor heat pump and new thermostat. Does $10K sound about right?? Thank you for your time.

Chris

Hi Chris I am not based in USA so can`t comment on price there are a few USA guys on here they might be able to help. If not goto hvac-talk.com

Norm