PDA

View Full Version : Could this be the way forward?

Argus
03-05-2004, 03:14 PM
Now that the European Union has expanded to 25 members, is it not time for some of the UK employers, who are constantly complaining about the difficulty of attracting and keeping suitably experienced and qualified A/C engineers, to consider recruiting in the farther corners of the EU?
________
vaporizer shop (http://www.vaporshop.com/)

bernard
03-05-2004, 04:00 PM
I think one of the key skills of a good engineer is communication.So as long as they can speak our language and have the relevant qualifications (which I very much doubt)then why not.

chemi-cool
03-05-2004, 04:36 PM
hi argus,

I dont think you fully understand the meaning of what you are saying.

as an outsider ( of europe) I see it different.
lets say, a group af 200 polish fridgy's will come to work in the uk, (communication is not a problem if they are pro's). they will work of lets say, 75% of what you earn and will be very greatful. just try to imagin what such a thing will do?

and the bosses will prefer to pay less and get the same results.

where will that put you?

its called globalization where the rich get richer and the poor get nothing!!

lets open the discusion on that point.

chemi

bernard
03-05-2004, 05:31 PM
I understand where your coming from, My boss is a xenophobe except when it comes to money.

rbartlett
03-05-2004, 05:58 PM
chemi

you are absolutely right -it's not about getting the 'right' guy it's about paying him/her less

sadly that's the world we live in......

cheers

richard

chemi-cool
03-05-2004, 06:21 PM
hi richard,

living in the uk, you are isolated from the main land but still the effots your government is doing to prevent from ileagal workers to come in, are huge.

my self was locked for 48 hours in harwich in the 70's coming from holland cause the immigration officer, decided I came in for work.

in my country, we have lots of cheap labor from tailand, philipines, china and many african countries. the result is that young guys cant get a decent job with decent pay.

now the home office woke up and they starting to send them back, but the damage has already done and employers wiil not pay over the minimum.

very soon you will see new faces in building site, new languages, new food in the shops, new culture etc, etc.

frightening.

chemi

bernard
03-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Hi

Surely it is not only about the money?

Poland has been slowly developing for a few years now entering europe is only going to speed this up.Optimistic view is that it is going to open up opportunities to the already developed european countries.

Regards Bernard

chemi-cool
07-05-2004, 03:09 PM
just my luck, :)

read this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3690185.stm

so was I at the same time. :D
chemi