PDA

View Full Version : F-Gas Regulations

El Padre
07-03-2009, 10:00 AM
http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/2079_sample_questions_for_web_v1.pdf

Greetings to all,

I might be required to complete the 2079 course soon, I found some sample questions, where did I put that Dossat book?

Cheers

Argus
07-03-2009, 11:47 AM

Very interesting and thanks for the post.

It doesn't look as if it's particularly gruelling in terms of underpinning knowledge required, and it's worth emphasising again that this is a sample of the type of questions that will arise , not the actual questions.

El Padre
07-03-2009, 03:56 PM
A client of mine is hoping that I take it sooner rather than later, apparently there is or will be a database accessible by anybody, where clients can check if you have the f-gas qualification or not. I will need to brush up a little bit on my theory just not to get caught out by the odd question, I think that the five day courses are a bit over the top though, as you rightly say it does not seem to cover anything more than most of us studied at college.

Argus
07-03-2009, 05:55 PM

A client of mine is hoping that I take it sooner rather than later…………………

Your current Safe Handling, either CITB or C&G 2078 will continue to be valid for the next two years or so as a continuing interim qualification, but it is being replaced by this new qulaification.
I’d recommend that you do it sooner. It is now a legal requirement to have this in the UK, as is the equivalent in all other EU states.
The law indicates that your new UK F Gas qualification will be valid anywhere in the EU (as will other EU equivalent qualifications be reciprocally valid in the UK).

………………. apparently there is or will be a database accessible by anybody, where clients can check if you have the f-gas qualification or not.

Not quite.

DEFRA and BERR in the UK have rejected the proposal to have a database of individual technicians qualified to the new regulations in favour of a mandatory list of companies that are qualified to receive and trade in F gases. ACRIB were agitating to have their voluntary list adopted for this purpose, but DEFRA / BERR threw it out.

In default of any other organisations offering the necessary criteria in the EU F Gas regulations, REFCOM appear to be the only concern, (or horse), in the race.

It will be illegal for companies to allow non qualified technicians in their emply to handle refrigerants.
If you are a sole trader, you are classed as a company and it looks as if you will need REFCOM accreditation.

I must stress that this is the case in the UK only. Other EU countries have their own rules

eggs
07-03-2009, 09:35 PM
I just did the first 27 multiple choice questions :eek: I got 17/27 correct. :eek:

Still, not bad for a Ducter ;)

eggs

El Padre
08-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks Argus, I wish that the DEFRA/ACRIB websites were as concise.

I have got a limited company, but as the sole employee I will take the test as soon as possible!