PDA

View Full Version : Honeywell tuscan 5 controller problem

dunny123
06-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Hi guys,got called to a job today,and although the temp was ok,it kept flashing c then the temp.and didnt stop.Im not sure what this is.Has anyone come across it?
I watched it for about 20mins and although the valve opened when i called for cooling,and all was fine.It just didnt stop flashing.

Thanks kev.

coolhibby1875
06-03-2009, 09:37 PM
hi dunny this is very common with with the tuscan controller used on a synopsis network in sainsburys i wouldnt worry about it i have had a display in a sainsburys in scotland flash that message for the last 3 years and the room works a treat

fazzamouse
06-03-2009, 09:40 PM
if it's a square display with 4 buttons just press the last button to clear it or just turn the case off then on.The c flashing then temp,has been caused by someone messing about with the controller,it's just away to check the temp when on defrost or when the case is alarming.

dunny123
06-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Yes it has 4buttons on.i pressed the last button and it stopped for about 5seconds.Then started again.i didnt try switching it off,i will try that in the morning.thanks

taz24
14-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Yes it has 4buttons on.i pressed the last button and it stopped for about 5seconds.Then started again.i didnt try switching it off,i will try that in the morning.thanks

One thing with the Tuscan controler is that they do respond well to being turned off. For a multitude of minor, niggly faults a simple power off on on cures all.

taz.

Silhouette
18-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Check the display buttons, I've had them stick in the past. Can cause all sorts of issues!!

chillled
18-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Did you know you can put on fans only by holding esc and enter down, will cycle through case off light only fans only and back to normal, this sometimes stops it c ing. you can set parameters with the 4 buttons too but can't remember how, usually use handset. also RDM controllers will work directly on elm network which is good as elm are obsolete!!

Silhouette
19-03-2009, 03:45 PM
You can also raise and lower automatic night blinds using the display keys!

coolhibby1875
22-03-2009, 09:12 AM
hi chilled the elm/honeywell range is not obsolete maxey moverly bought the range and fully support it they also do tech support and offer on site support as well.

chillled
24-03-2009, 09:11 PM
So they do, was with Yag only the other week. all recon stuff though. make sure chip numbers match or networks don't like it, especially ST boards in js.