PDA

View Full Version : Design code for NH3 refrigeration in Mexico

virk@gmx.net
05-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Hello!

We probably will install an ammonia absorption refrigeration plant in Mexico. As a first stage I need to know which design code for pressure vessels and refrigeration system we have to follow. Will it f.e. ASME, or can we also design pressure vessels after European PED (pressure equipment directive)

Any help kindly appreciated!

Kind regards

virk

nh3wizard
05-03-2009, 02:23 PM
I don't know, but I bet if you did a search for what you are looking for you might find it. Plus If I were going to do something in another country I would before hand know what the requirements were.

virk@gmx.net
05-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks for your help, nh3wizard :-)

a) Yes, you are right, if I search for it, I will find it. But where to search? Actually I am searching for it. I do it also here :-)

b) "...Plus If I were going to do something in another country I would before hand know what the requirements were..." Yes, this is a good idea. So I would like to know what the requirements are. You probably do not know them, don't you? :-)

Warm regards

virk

josei
06-03-2009, 12:48 AM
Hello Virk:
Mexican design code for pressure vessels do not exist, but a transitional code o Norma de Referencia by Pemex (Mexican Oil Company). This Norma is based on ASME sec vii div 1 2001 and named NRF-028-PEMEX-2004 .

virk@gmx.net
06-03-2009, 05:48 AM
Thank you yosei! ASME is what we expected it to be.

Kind regards

virk

Magoo
15-04-2009, 04:27 AM
Reading all the news stuff, don't worry about codes, take armed guards with big guns, and lots of them.
magoo

Armand Ro
19-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Virk

Mexico has a design code is STyPS, but this norma is based in ASME code sec VIII div 1.
Only you need the Data Reportm of the vessel for the customer authorization