PDA

View Full Version : Compressor Capacity for Temprite

Pope
05-03-2009, 06:58 AM
Hi,

I've acquired a 2 circuit Temprite Unit, and need to know what capacity condensing unit I need to chill beer?

Its a Kelvinator 2T175.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks
Pope

THE WOMBAT
06-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Popey

Try one of the distrubitor in your local area for some sort of capcacity from the temprite unit.

But depends on how much beer you can drink,,, :confused:

As the gas output from the suction of the temprite increases as the heat load from hot beer increases flowing through the coils in the liquid refrigerant tank. The EPRV or 750 valve, will almost stop flowing gas when no beer is flowing.

You can use anything for the condenser just make sure you have a large suction line accumulator so tha the condensing unit dosnt cycle too often. Also an oil seporator cause you will loose comp oil in the temprite tank.

Temprite
08-03-2009, 11:32 AM
A one horsepower condensing unit is about right for a single temprite.(Yes I know not all one horsepower units have exactly the same rating but they are close.)

We had a portable self contained temprite system in our workshop and it had a one horsepower Embraco condensing unit.

The wombat is right you will need a surge tank and an oil seperator as well.

750 Valve
10-03-2009, 03:23 AM
Just did a few quick calcs...

A 2T175B can do 155L/HR with 25°C inlet temp (keg at room temp)and 3.5°C outlet temp

Assuming a specific gravity for beer as 1.0 (water) then at max load the 2 pull temprite has a load of 3.65 KW. If the flow rate dropped form 155L/HR to 1L/HR the the load will drop down to approx. 0.024KW.

Considering the load fluctuations and the fact that if you put it in your house you'd be hard pressed to do 10L/HR let alone 155 I'd say you be safe with a 1.5KW capacity unit, oil sep and a decent surge tank.

Temprite
10-03-2009, 11:13 AM
G'day 750

I'd say you be safe with a 1.5KW capacity unit,

Actrol engineer suggested 1.5 kw to me about three weeks ago this was in a pub with pre chilled kegs.