PDA

View Full Version : Please help, fridge freezer warm...

Soggy food
04-03-2009, 07:50 PM
New to here looking for some help,
Have a Belling 50/50 Fridge freezer, model BE811.
The fridge and freezer are warm, fridge door light still works so presume its not a power issue?
I defrosted freezer 2 weeks ago and it has been fine since? Don't know if this has anything to do with it? There is absolutely no sound at all from appliance. Could it be some type of thermostat? Would this be easy to change if i'm pointed in the right direction? I'm no refrigeration engineer for sure, i'm a mechanic by trade so i'll have a go at fixing with some guidance. Seems a shame not to try an fix, its only 18 months old.
Any help will be very appreciated.

Toosh
05-03-2009, 03:05 AM
New to here looking for some help,
Have a Belling 50/50 Fridge freezer, model BE811.
The fridge and freezer are warm, fridge door light still works so presume its not a power issue?
I defrosted freezer 2 weeks ago and it has been fine since? Don't know if this has anything to do with it? There is absolutely no sound at all from appliance. Could it be some type of thermostat? Would this be easy to change if i'm pointed in the right direction? I'm no refrigeration engineer for sure, i'm a mechanic by trade so i'll have a go at fixing with some guidance. Seems a shame not to try an fix, its only 18 months old.
Any help will be very appreciated.

Hi Soggy, There are not to many Domestic fridge guys on here you will have better luck here

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/

Good Luck Norm :)

amitsaxena
05-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Dear I can help you out!
As you told that the refrigerator worked for some time after defrost. If while opening the door the light is on, means, only fault is with thermostat. Try to change the same and solve the problem.

brian m w
07-03-2009, 03:50 PM
I would agree the thermostat should be the problem. What i always do is put my hand on the compressor (back aof appliance at the bottom) making sure you turn the power of first. If it is cold it is most likley the stat. When you remove the stat you can check for contanuity between the live (usualy the brown wire) and the compressor (usualy the black wire) if dead then definatly the stat (that is as long as its got one not a pcb)
REMOVE THE PLUG FROM SOCKET BEFORE YOU DO ANY CHECKS OR WORK ON IT.