PDA

View Full Version : The Big Event

Abe
30-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Just thought Id recount my day in London.......Pity the weather sucked......but Imax excelled.

Was really nice to meet Mark and Richard and Sean again.....But I wont forgive Mark for saying I look like Elton John with my 3D specs on when we watched the Imax film.

The Namex part......well, what can I say........I was like a kid let loose in a sweet shop,

But not forgetting business side, after the event ended up in Lewisham when I had to get off at Island gardens......so I lost a few hours....

Got to St Pancras at 11:40.....train had left 5 mins before......Caught the last one before midnight......was not an intercity 125.....was a slow coach......Took 3 hours to get home.

In bed after 3am.........still knackered....

rbartlett
30-04-2004, 07:13 PM
yes nice to meet you too..

however as an event i thought it was a real let down and the new equipment was frankly just a 'me too' exercise

sadly they are just not anywhere near daikins league and the cost difference is not great enough to justify buying them imho

cheers

richard

Abe
30-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Richard, Dont be like that, When last did Mitsi or Daikin, or Tosh, ever treat their installers on a day out?? Maybe they do, Im not sure

I know u dont like em.....but . erm, I dunno, maybe one day you will come around....

rbartlett
01-05-2004, 11:01 AM
i was not decrying the willingness of LG to fork out 130k on a day out -i have been to the imax before and the space film (or what we saw of it) was really cool..

however i just thought the 'big event' wasn't a big event as the 'new and original' products were nothing of the sort

i'm glad i saw the artcool for the first time but i guess i could have gone to defusion in B.stoke if i was that bothered..

yes i'm no fan of LG -their small mini splits are 'okay' the rest i wouldn't give house room.
far too many silly things like -
oh don't forget to run a serarate wire to run the fan.
oh don't forget to run that sensor wire to the out door and 'shove it in the outdoor coil err somewhere'
to wire the mini splits you lift the cover up but in order to actually wire it you have to balance the cover on your head as it doesn't have a top 'click' to support it whilst you work on it..
most of the kit is too noisy on high fan etc..

it just reminds me of american a/c with a remote control..:-/

i know there are worse on the market for sure but with their huge r&d i would have thought they'd be a bit higher up the pecking order by now..

there is a market for budget kit and LG are right in there with the rest of those we know are flooding in from china et al

sorry to sound like a right old misery (which i am of course) but i rather wished they'd sent me 500 quid and a brouchure -which judging by the amount of people there, would have saved them a few bob too...;-)

cheers

richard

p.s i rather prefered the 2 days in ostend ;-))

Abe
01-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Actually I agree with your points on LG, niggly things they " omit" to tell the installer , which does them no favours at all.

Like on the 20Kw floor mount, they provide a nice interconnecting cable with pc type push fits which just plug in to the module into the indoor unit.

Switch the bleeder on, unit runs and quickly trips on LP. Then you notice indoor fan not running.

You frantically ring around........finally speak to distributor, explain whats happening.

They in turn tell you, study the wiring diagram!!! In fact in a patronising manner, " Did you not study the diagram ?????""

And you are made to look stupid.

You just assume that the one piece interconnecting would have taken care of it all!!

No.........You now need to run a seperate cable from outdoor unit to indoor so the evap fans will run.

Now imagine you had a 20 metre run and 5 metre height. Up goes the scaffold again, new hole in wall.

WHY ON EARTH DID THEY NOT PROVIDE A 6 CORE CABLE IN THE FIRST PLACE ?????

Yes, I see what you mean.

And now you mention about sensors......

Their technical literature is a let down as well, I dont think its written in simple clear concise English, its written in Korean english.

I am going to write to LG and propose that I undertake some of their marketing, starting with new technical literature. Written by a colonial for a English speaking customer.

And, those niggly things like sensors, and things.........

Anyway, Rich, how come you and Mark not abseiling down light wells today??

I dont believe you have given yourself a day off!!!!!