PDA

View Full Version : 24v transformer

leffe blonde
02-03-2009, 07:52 PM
hi gu, need a bit of advice,i have three phase input to machine one leg feeding primary winding of the tranny, out put 24v feeds electronic board, the neutral in supply came loose the other day and the primary windings went o/c,i am assuming because the neutral went down we received higher voltage at the tranny, and dammaged it , would that be correct, cheers leffe

Brian_UK
02-03-2009, 07:58 PM
It could well have been an electrical spike hit the windings as the neutral came loose.

Quality
02-03-2009, 08:35 PM
As brian said a spike is probably what caused the tranny to fail the more likley reason being that as arcing / intermitent connection with the neutral occured this would have caused several / many high inrush currents into the tranny causing the smaal winding to ultimatley fail electricaly

leffe blonde
03-03-2009, 07:11 PM
hi brian, thanks for the speeedy reply, i should also have said that i have experienced something like this on three or four occasions,each time i have found problems with the neutral, a colleague of mine whilst wiring up a 3phase machine had not connected the neutral,within minutes the 24v tranny burnt out,

Brian_UK
03-03-2009, 11:28 PM
There you go, tell him to read the F....g manual next time ;)