PDA

View Full Version : LG Artcool

AbsoluteWDJ
02-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Serviced a LG Artcool inverter split system recently. It had a strange (rushing of gas) noise upon startup. System is cooling and heating fine, compressor amps etc are fine. This noise happened on startup and then when i switched from heating to cooling. Has anyone else experienced this before? Not a sound i've heard before! It lasts about 10 seconds when inverter compressor starts, after this it operates as you would expect.

glenn1340
02-03-2009, 05:20 PM
I wouldn`t worry about it, probably just the gas starting to pressurise also the same when changing over to cooling.

momo
04-03-2009, 02:11 AM
NoIses seem also to happen with switched LGs. Sometimes the O/D unit starts up nice and quiet othertimes reminds one of the noises made in the private room (WC). Cannot acertain what condition causes the noises... though maybe when the mains has too many Veans (good protein energy!) Seriously now: The outdoor coil will boil refrigerant while in heating mode and you will get a "whoosh" when the reversing valve returns to cooling mode. Something I do not like to happen since I think the sudden changes of temperature and pressures on pipes with R410 is a recipe for stress failures.

Thermatech
04-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Thats what you call an arty farty unit :D