PDA

View Full Version : Tecumseh Compressors

Mistral
01-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi All,
Has anyone had experience with Tecumseh TAG range compressors failing with the below faults:
a) broken internal mounting springs
b) fractured or broken internal discharge pipe.
These faults usually occur with R404A and I have been told that they are due to short cycling of the compressor. I think that an anti-cycle timer may solve the problem.
Has anyone had similar problems and if so how di dyou rectify the problem and to what degree of sucess?

littleyapper
21-03-2009, 12:23 PM
have a fair bit of exp with "tag" range .. these are a very good comp and i would suggest that liquid flood back is your problem...whats the application/pressures etc

chemi-cool
21-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I agree with littleyapper.

A flood back is compressors biggest enemy and a off delay timer can only increase the problem.

You are not supplying enough details but this is a typically problem for low temp unit with HGD.

first check that everything works properly and in no situation liquid refrigerant is present in the suction line.

That oil is flowing back to the compressor, and the starting pressure is not too high.

arzuamir
29-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi All,
Has anyone had experience with Tecumseh TAG range compressors failing with the below faults:
a) broken internal mounting springs
b) fractured or broken internal discharge pipe.
These faults usually occur with R404A and I have been told that they are due to short cycling of the compressor. I think that an anti-cycle timer may solve the problem.
Has anyone had similar problems and if so how di dyou rectify the problem and to what degree of sucess?
yes i have the same problem with tecumseh TAJ2464Z,R-404A Compressr.and problem with me is in my place this compressor is not available.Can any body tell me which another compresser is fixable(HP & refrigerant) thanks.

nike123
29-04-2009, 02:41 PM
yes i have the same problem with tecumseh TAJ2464Z,R-404A Compressr.and problem with me is in my place this compressor is not available.Can any body tell me which another compresser is fixable(HP & refrigerant) thanks.

What is your voltage and frequency?

If it is 3ph 460V 60 Hz than replacement is Maneurop MTZ 022-4 (nameplate MTZ22JC4A)

arzuamir
01-05-2009, 03:31 PM
What is your voltage and frequency?

If it is 3ph 460V 60 Hz than replacement is Maneurop MTZ 022-4 (nameplate MTZ22JC4A)
Thank u very much MR Nike123. yes this maneurop compressor is available in Saudi Arabia.

Magoo
03-05-2009, 02:15 AM
Sounds like a compressor mounting issue, the manufacturer would not place a product in the market that is prone to failure. Either the compressor mounts are too floppy or are too rigid. Where all torque at start is not dispensed in mounts and are taken up with internal springs, hence the assembly bangs around internally, cracking pipes and spring mounts.
just a comment