PDA

View Full Version : VRV and number of indoors

multisync
28-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Got sent to look at an old VRV.Access is a real mare

I could see one outdoor (couldn't see tag as it had ducting on top).
One indoor unit a 125 ?
a possible indoor unit behind a panel -just in/out grill visible
a refnet joint with the legs valved off.(looked from new)

Are we right in thinking a VRV I HAS to have at least 2 indoors on the system from new to work?

If so that means there must be a unit behind the grilles and it's own refnet further on. If not then the unused refnets could have been for this unit but not fitted in the end.

I wasn't allowed tools to check on the outdoor and we don't have a checker either.

cool#9
28-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi mutisync,
You can run with one indoor unit on VRV if you have 50% at least of the nominal power: in example for a 10 hp outdoor (250) you must connect 5 hp indoor (125)...
In order to check the number of indoor unit on old VRV as F or G series this could help:
Make a short circuit between the 2 pins of the white LINE INSPECTION terminal on the outdoor PCB -just near the MDS terminal, see attachment items 3- and see the binary number displayed (orange leds 20 to 23).
Be careful some old called VRV F series were like "twin unit" but without inverter control, just an unload scroll compressor, in this case you can connect 1 or 2 with 2 slaves indoor unit but not more ( from 1 to 8 units on G series ).
rgds
cool#9

multisync
28-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Hmm ok that hasn't done the trick. I can't visit site anytime soon and the client wants a price.

We will have to make something up and leave in lots of if and but and howevers

Thanks none the less