PDA

View Full Version : Soft starters vs Invertes

john.sikiotis
24-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi,i want to start a small single phase compressor (1/6 ps) but i don't want high amperes.I need the lowest i can get ,because i am using an inverter device in a small truck and it is sensitive with rapid increase in amperes....
Should i use a soft starter or an inverter?And how do we connect the start coil?

Brian_UK
24-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Is this for a small fridge?

Why not use a Danfoss BD Series low voltage compressor ?

NoNickName
25-02-2009, 07:11 AM
single phase inverters cannot be used for starting single phase motors, neither soft starters can. I'm pretty sure you have a CSR capacitor + relay system starter which you have to stick with.

nike123
25-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Hi,i want to start a small single phase compressor (1/6 ps) but i don't want high amperes.I need the lowest i can get ,because i am using an inverter device in a small truck and it is sensitive with rapid increase in amperes....
Should i use a soft starter or an inverter?And how do we connect the start coil?

http://www.solcon.com/_Uploads/204NPI_Solstart1P_Starter.pdf

NoNickName
25-02-2009, 08:12 AM
In fact it replaces the CSR voltmetric relay....

john.sikiotis
25-02-2009, 08:28 PM
I might use a solenoid valve with a timer for an unload start....

Bluestar
01-03-2009, 01:28 PM
In india. A company named 'godrej' makes inverter typ acs i installed one, i noticed there is no starting torque or jerk needed while starting compressor.they starts like fan.kinda soft starts.but i never botherd 2 see in outdor unit wat they have done there. But it exist. That all i knw.and i heard 'mitsubishi' also makes this typ of a.c.s