PDA

View Full Version : work rates abroard

multisync
23-02-2009, 08:10 PM
What would you reckon for a man and a mate for an install out in the middle east? (one of the safeist parts)

We have to price a job but not sure where to start on a day rate.

Also what could the man and mate expect as a 'bonus' for going on a 2 week 'holiday'? (apart from a job to come back too ;-)

frank
23-02-2009, 08:49 PM
In this financial climate I would have thought that any job is a good 'un.

Why expect any more income from a job just because it is overseas?

As long as your expenses and travelling time are covered, and your income is guaranteed to equal or exceed your normal wages, what's the big deal? Just like working 'out of town'

Now, if we were all fighting for the same job, well.......

multisync
23-02-2009, 09:06 PM
In this financial climate I would have thought that any job is a good 'un.

Why expect any more income from a job just because it is overseas?

As long as your expenses and travelling time are covered, and your income is guaranteed to equal or exceed your normal wages, what's the big deal? Just like working 'out of town'

Now, if we were all fighting for the same job, well.......

Thank you Frank,

I would assume a bit of a thank you to the guys but more for their wives etc would be nice. As regards rates to client We were thinking 500 per day per pair -sound a reasonable day rate?

bernard
23-02-2009, 09:13 PM
I would say to cheap by far and would probably double it with flights and accomodation all paid.

Regards Bernard

Toosh
24-02-2009, 02:39 AM
What would you reckon for a man and a mate for an install out in the middle east? (one of the safeist parts)

We have to price a job but not sure where to start on a day rate.

Also what could the man and mate expect as a 'bonus' for going on a 2 week 'holiday'? (apart from a job to come back too ;-)

Hi Multi, 500 a day sounds right for you a rate must be worked out for your mate, you will also need a traveling time rate which would be lower, make sure all your daily expenses are included, all ground transport covered and decent accomodation. remember there will be others competing for the job

Norm

DALO
24-08-2009, 09:15 PM
It depends. If your boss is sending you yourself multi id recommend chocolate buttons.