PDA

View Full Version : Candy Fridge Freezer Help

matthewprince
23-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi,

I have a Candy CPC 240FFk fridge freezer and i have a problem.

The fridge is too cold and is freezing things inside. It has only just happened and also the interior light or the other lights dont work. Dont know if that is related.

Any Ideas?

Matt

Rotax100uk
23-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Does the compressor ever stop running? (when down to temperature)
Could be the thermostat has had it and is not cutting the compressor off at set temperature, does it have a "user" selectable thermostat?

As for the light... has the bulb blown? if not... does it have a door switch for the light if so check this is working, very simply just turn off the fridge freezer and remover the door switch get your test meter and put it on ohms and the your test leads on each of the terminals of the door switch and see if you have continuity.

amitsaxena
24-02-2009, 06:36 AM
There are two possibilities,

1. Thermostat
2.Defrost not happening (Defrost Controller failed)

Check if possible

matthewprince
24-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi,

There is a control on teh front 1-4 , have tried all them and it makes no difference. Its a frost free fridge freezer.

It just seems funny that it started this freezing the fridge the same time the lights blew inside. Even the light that used to stay on all the time (green light at the front) doesnt work.

Matt

amitsaxena
25-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Dear There is sensor problem, as possibility of gas leak from thermostat is surely possible hence immediately change the thermostat. It will start working for sure.

matthewprince
25-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi,

Ive spoken to a local repaid shop and apparantly my make and model of fridge freezer doesnt have a thermostat! It apparantly has a PCB electronic control module that controls it all.

Does that sound right? , if so would that be why the lights all dont work too?

He said the part is abut £40

Matt

amitsaxena
26-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Now please check the sensor first otherwise its only controller which can creat problem. But First Check for Sensor.

TECH TIM
26-02-2009, 12:51 PM
If lights blew at same time id say tou got a surge and has taken out pcb but also check sensor aswell poss replace both sensor are not too expesive

jonny114
04-09-2009, 03:34 PM
If lights blew at same time id say tou got a surge and has taken out pcb but also check sensor aswell poss replace both sensor are not too expesive
does anyone know where the sensor is located? I have changed the control box at the top of the unit and now i have the oposite problem, the lights all seem to work fine but the compressor will not kick in at all!

ractaan
05-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Hi matthew,
Does your freezer section ( i believe bottom ) portion works well?
I this is the case then probably the PCB which is mounted on top where you see few lights is faulty as suggested by local repairman
contact manufacturer first to get correct cost estimate
Sensor is most probably located inside fridge section on right wall ( it will be covered with plastic parts having slots on it

Rachit Tandon

S1RDG23
03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi matthew,
Does your freezer section ( i believe bottom ) portion works well?
I this is the case then probably the PCB which is mounted on top where you see few lights is faulty as suggested by local repairman
contact manufacturer first to get correct cost estimate
Sensor is most probably located inside fridge section on right wall ( it will be covered with plastic parts having slots on it

Rachit Tandon

Hi Rachit Tandon,
I have a Candy CPC 240 FF GB fridge freezer,
The problem is that the fridge section is getting that cold that it is actually freezing the food inside it.
Would I be right in thinking the Fridge thermister is faulty or is it something else that is causing the problem.
If it is the Fridge thermister, then I see cable goes into the back of the fridge but I cannot see how to easily remove this, can you please help
Thank You
S1RDG23

belfastfemale
27-06-2010, 08:11 PM
hi i have a candy frost free fridge freezer, the fridge part isnt cold enough and the freezer has started to defrost, i have tried every temperature and the super on the fridge too, i think i started to defrost the freezer myself and have lost the manual, plus the sticker with the model number has wore away, the engine is still going, can anyone tell me what i need to do?