PDA

View Full Version : What's the Most Reliable Room Aircon?

Lena
22-02-2009, 12:23 PM
I apologize in advance if my posting on this site is not appropriate. I am not a refrigeration engineer; I am a recently-graduated interior designer who is utterly ignorant in these matters and am in desperate need of expert advice.

I have just moved into my apartment and would like to buy a room aircon unit. The bedroom is about 30 sq m. The weather here is hot and humid (Manila, Philippines).

What's the best aircon unit? I know this not so simple a question as it seems but my top two values would be:

1. reliability
2. quiet

Cooling power would not be too high on the list as I don't get hot easily :p

I am tired of being bamboozled by salesmen. I went to all the department stores nearby and it was the same old nonsense "This is the best aironditioning unit on earth ma'am... blah blah blah"

While we're at it, do you have any recommendations for refrigerators? Reliability is my highest consideration. I cannot have my ref conk out on me when I am going to be preparing dinner for that special someone!:)

nike123
22-02-2009, 12:44 PM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16667

CoolMike
22-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi,

I lived and worked in the Philippines, working on A/C units. The brand manufactured there is Koppell and they are ok. But, if money isn't really a problem. then I would recommend something like Daikin or Mitsubishi.
Mike

iceeee
23-04-2009, 10:20 PM
to be honest its mainly down to installation if correctly carried out many yrs trouble free with most a/c systems
:)

MIT
24-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Hi Lena,

I think if your asking for the best aircon unit, that would be a problem because they are all machine so they depend on how they are use. with proper maintenance and installation that can help your aircon unit. So to start with, better ask your friend what they are using right now and if they had any trouble using that brand.

AbsoluteWDJ
25-04-2009, 03:18 PM
I apologize in advance if my posting on this site is not appropriate. I am not a refrigeration engineer; I am a recently-graduated interior designer who is utterly ignorant in these matters and am in desperate need of expert advice.

I have just moved into my apartment and would like to buy a room aircon unit. The bedroom is about 30 sq m. The weather here is hot and humid (Manila, Philippines).

What's the best aircon unit? I know this not so simple a question as it seems but my top two values would be:

1. reliability
2. quiet

Cooling power would not be too high on the list as I don't get hot easily :p

I am tired of being bamboozled by salesmen. I went to all the department stores nearby and it was the same old nonsense "This is the best aironditioning unit on earth ma'am... blah blah blah"

While we're at it, do you have any recommendations for refrigerators? Reliability is my highest consideration. I cannot have my ref conk out on me when I am going to be preparing dinner for that special someone!:)

Daikin or Mitsubishi electric, both reliable depending on good installation and both quiet. Try and find recommendations for good installation companies from people who've had air conditioning works carried out recently. Hope this helps