PDA

View Full Version : Mini split load method

Acrisoft
21-02-2009, 11:54 AM
What it the best way to load refrigerant
into a ductless mini split system ?

By superheat, subcooling or refrigerant weight ?

multisync
21-02-2009, 01:29 PM
What it the best way to load refrigerant
into a ductless mini split system ?

By superheat, subcooling or refrigerant weight ?

Weight is the recommended method

Acrisoft
21-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Thank you

But when refrigerant charge is unknown or when there is pipe extension, can I use superheat and subcooling methods ? If so, which of them is best ? I am looking for a generic solution to find out the amount of refrigerant for mini splits.

Argus
21-02-2009, 06:14 PM

It's best to use the weight method as previously mentioned by Multisync.

The manufacturer will provide you with a basic weight of refrigerant for the combination of outdoor and indoor units that you select with weight per metre corrections for extra pipe runs in excess of their design pipe-lengths.

It's important to stay within the manufacturer's recommended pipe-length limits.

Forget superheat and all the rest of it for this type of kit. The manufacturers have made it as fool-proof as possible. This method is much quicker if you have the correct professional gear to do the job.

Acrisoft
21-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Thank you for tips
I was confused because some factory manual stated to charge it by superheat.

I would like to know the steps after vacuum process.
Is it enough just to open valves and let fluid flows from the outdoor unit, without worry with superheat ?

ICE BOND
18-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Need to recharge minisplit to factory charge

Minisplit ***** 22 :any reasons why not, after evac ***** use same to charge by weight the recup ***** on the unit, provided if store in ***** 22 bottle