PDA

View Full Version : Samsung S-RS2026CVW

fridgman
19-02-2009, 11:43 PM
I am looking for a service manual for a Samsung S-RS2026CVW.
I'm having a problem with the defrost cycle and have a fault code.

Can anybody oblige please?

nike123
20-02-2009, 08:21 AM
I am looking for a service manual for a Samsung S-RS2026CVW.
I'm having a problem with the defrost cycle and have a fault code.

Can anybody oblige please?

This (http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=index) place could help you more likely.

tonto33
20-02-2009, 11:30 AM
what fault code do you have?

fridgman
22-02-2009, 07:44 AM
what fault code do you have?

I have a 4 showing during start-up diagnostics. This unit does not appear to have the ability to access the fault codes except at start-up. I have seen many articles but all are relevant to the slightly higher range models.

R600A
03-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi

The 4 showing up on start up is NOT a fault code ..is is a rom build number.

What is the actual fault that is happening ?

hold the top 2 buttons in for approx 10 seconds and the display will flash then the fault code will display.

Bryan (samsung engineer)

fridgman
05-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi

The 4 showing up on start up is NOT a fault code ..is is a rom build number.

What is the actual fault that is happening ?

hold the top 2 buttons in for approx 10 seconds and the display will flash then the fault code will display.

Bryan (samsung engineer)

The fault I am having is that everything works fine until it goes to defrost and fails to come back to cooling although sometimes it does but not for about an hour.
Most likely a control issue but I can't access a fault code of any kind. Having followed your suggested method I get either of the following:

Display flashes after 8 secs. If I release both top buttons then the display returns to original temp display.

Display switches off after 10 secs. Whether I release both top buttons or not nothing is displayed and display returns 6 secs after releasing the buttons.

Any help? I'm stumped and the service manual is puzzling to say the least!

UKWhitegoods has yet to generate any assistance on this matter.

R600A
06-04-2009, 04:25 AM
Hi

The fault will be the defrost heater or thermal fuse,Have these been checked ?i doubt very much if the fault is anything other than one of these.

Bryan

fridgman
07-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Bryan,

The thermal fuse is in tact but the defrost heater appears open circuit. Is this correct and is there a method for a forced defrost at startup?

Many Thanks for your help by the way.

R600A
08-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Hi

The defrost heater should not be open circuit.

I hold the defrost heaters in stock and can supply full fitting instructions also,e-Mail me.

the heater assembly comes complete with a new defrost sensor and thermal fuse which must be used.

samsung@ffrservices.co.uk

Bryan

fridgman
09-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Having gone through the service manual again I have been able to establish Forced Operation and in turn Forced Defrost. The heater works fine during test so I have run the unit for a couple of days to retest. Once again it runs fine until defrost and then seems to reach too high a temperature before switching to cooling again. To clarify the temp rises enough to reduce ice cubes to half water! I'm thinking Evap Sensor but don't have enough info to confirm. Does the controller have timed override for defrost? If so how long? Do you know the correct resistance readings for the Evap Sensor? Can I access the relevant defrost settings within the controller? The manual mentions adjusting defrost frequency but fails to ever state how!