PDA

View Full Version : thermostatic expansion valve sizing

ank_gl
19-02-2009, 12:01 PM
hi all,
i have a 1TR r22 air conditioning unit for my experiment in college. it has a capillary tube & an automatic expansion valve for the expansion purpose. we have to install a TEV to control the superheat in the system. Problem is that we are not able to find a TEV for a 1 TR unit. the lowest i found is Pr no 2059, DANFOSS, it is sized for a 4.5TR unit. Is it ok to use this valve for our purpose?:confused:

nike123
19-02-2009, 12:31 PM
hi all,
i have a 1TR r22 air conditioning unit for my experiment in college. it has a capillary tube & an automatic expansion valve for the expansion purpose. we have to install a TEV to control the superheat in the system. Problem is that we are not able to find a TEV for a 1 TR unit. the lowest i found is Pr no 2059, DANFOSS, it is sized for a 4.5TR unit. Is it ok to use this valve for our purpose?:confused:

No, you have Danfoss T2/TE2 valves with orifices which will match your system capacity from 0,15 to 4,5 TR.

For your case, TX 2/TEX 2-1.0 with orifice no 2 is probably best.
http://rc.danfoss.com/TechnicalInfo/literature/manuals/01/DKRCCPDAA0A302.pdf

ank_gl
03-03-2009, 03:22 PM
hey thanks nike123, i purchased the valve that you mentioned. I learnt a few practical things :D, while searching the shops & I realize how stupid my first post looks. But as your signature says, :o its just easy:-p.

thanks again