PDA

View Full Version : Research institute cold room

tokichaw
19-02-2009, 11:05 AM
How do you design cold rooms for research institutes?

Brian_UK
19-02-2009, 06:57 PM
The design of the cold room depends on what they want to store in it.

[Copied from Nevgee post] If you are not familiar with calculating heat loads for cold rooms, such as fabric gains, electrical inputs, product load (sensible Latent and respiratory) , occupancy gains, running times, defrost inputs etc then it's probably better that you use a software program.

Go to this site download their coolpack software ..

http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Coolpack/UK/About.html

go to download ... Run the software ...go to Cooltools design
open cooling demand

You will find an easy to use cold room load calculation program. Which should help you. If you still wish to do it long hand then use the software as a check.

tokichaw
22-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Brian,
thank you!

I will look into the Coolpack software.

Here is the detail about my situation.

I am assigned to finish an already started cold room erection(installation). Currently the walls are finished with cement. The ceiling is made from chip wood. We have a complete set of refrigeration machine applicable to simple box rooms like ours and It just needs a small window through which the machine breathes its cold air. Styrofoams are also bought.

Now, I think I should put the Styrofoams on the walls and ceilings and then place sheet metal on it although I am just not sure if this sounds right. In addition, I would like to have advice on how to put these materials together to make the cold room temperature tight.

Thanks a lot.