PDA

View Full Version : Liquid in compressor when charging

Mish
18-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi

Im recharging a water chiller system, but the only valve on the HP side is after the compresspr but before the condensor so is not actually on the liquid line. Im charging as a liquid with the compressor off but im worried about filling the compressor with liquid. What i would like to know do semi-hermetic compressors have valves to on the discharge outlet to prevent this from happening.

Any response would be much appreciated

old gas bottle
18-02-2009, 09:28 PM
are there no valves on the reciever ?? charging it up through the discharge valve should be o/k as the pressure should push against the discharge valves stoping it filling up with liquid,but this can depend on the design i suppose, anyway to be sure when finished leave it off but with the crankcase heater on over night,:)

laf100
18-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Even with the CC heater on overnight, I would worry about liquid sitting on the head/valve plate, or even findings its way into the compression chamber, and causing damage in that first stroke. May be a bit late for you, but I would have added my own charging port in the liquid and/or suction line while the gas was out.

Mish
18-02-2009, 10:58 PM
sorry should of said, there is no liquid receiver. I had planned to leave over night to allow the crankcase heater to boil off any liquid that may have entered the compresser.

Thanks for the advice

glenn1340
18-02-2009, 11:33 PM
I`ve done this many times. I used to use a kwikcharger that allows the liquid to partially vapourise thus minimizing the possibility of liquid entering the compressor. I say "used to use" because it went the same way as all my other gear when my van was nicked. Now I use the sight glass in the gauge manifold throttling back the refrigerant valve control the flow to a froth.

Dan Duplessis
19-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Hi Guys
I am a new member.look forward to joining in on some of the technical queries. Dan

krishna
09-03-2009, 05:31 AM
Hi,
Can anybody explain me how Aspera oil cooler compressor NE2130Z works. Thanks

Brian_UK
09-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi,
Can anybody explain me how Aspera oil cooler compressor NE2130Z works. ThanksWelcome to the forum.

The compressor works the same as all compressors of this type. Electrical power is used to spin a motor inside the casing which in turn uses pistons to suck in and compress refrigerant gas.

Technical details of the compressor are available here, a 1.73MB pdf file.

http://www.embraco.com.br/portugue/produtos/informativos_pdf/03031.pdf