PDA

View Full Version : Manitowoc BY139N

mlregester
18-02-2009, 04:29 AM
Hey Guys! I'm having a problem Manitowoc Ice Machince BY139N. I have been working on this for a couple weeks and it started off with it not dropping the ice during the harvest cycles. I have a dual evap coils and the right side will drop but the left side won't. It will just keep building up and then shut down. It will drop when it is down but the ice is thick. I am running out of ideas of why it isn't dropping any help would be greatly

nike123
18-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Check that solenoid of Hot gas valve for that evaporator is energized 45 seconds after harvest start, and that hot gas flows to evaporator by checking temperature of pipe after valve.
If valve is energized and hold magnetically (check with flat screwdriver at piston of valve) and pipe is not hot before and after valve than valve is faulty. If you don't have energized valve than solenoid or control circuit is faulty. Check that by measuring solenoid voltage! If voltage is present and OK, than solenoid is faulty. If not, than control circuit is faulty.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3352/3290110620_896a581771_b_d.jpg

Kinplee
18-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the detail explanation. I'll go ahead and check all that. Thanks again