PDA

View Full Version : London rates

Abe
21-04-2004, 08:23 PM
I am being increasingly asked to install air conditioning in the London area. To date I have kept busy in this rural farm backwoods.......with its share of tight fisted souls...

Now, I am quoting for a job in Docklands, on a new development on the 7th floor

I dont wish to get my fingers burnt, so would any engineers from that part of the woods......or concrete shall I say, care to divulge how much I should estimate the work at.

Requirement is for 2 X wall mounted heat pumps for bedrooms, approx 2 systems, to 3Kw each, and one larger wall mount 5Kw for the lounge.
Arrangement is straightforward back to back.

Im not clued up on London rates, and I dont want to quote the going Midlands prices.....I also need to bear in mind the travel and logistics of working in London will be very very different.......

Abe
21-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Those are some nice pics Marc.......keep them rolling . I really enjoy seeing them.

A picture tells a thousand words........

Abseiler.......the ingenuity of Fridgetech. com never fails to amaze me!!!

Hey marc......can I work for you........for free!!!! :)

Mark C
22-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Out of curiousity, what would the hourly rate be considered to be? They are currently charging $65 per hour here in Atlanta.

WebRam
22-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Aiyub is right, photos work far better than the printed word, and this case proves it. Lets have more of the same :)

WebRam
22-04-2004, 10:10 PM
OK OK, mutter Prozac mutter looking for my dictionary mutter ;)

Bones
25-04-2004, 06:42 AM
looks like a pretty steep hole to fall into marc, and you wouldnt want that spear to jab you if you hit the bottom :) dont blame you for opting for abseilers.

how many stories down was the pipe run? not sure if i can just make out the bottom there?, or if thats the black hole point lol.

Dave Goodings
25-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Hello marc
Didnt notice any oil traps in your pipework? how many floors down is the evaporator? we use rats sometimes Rope Access Technicians Lol
Regards
Dave G

rbartlett
25-04-2004, 02:22 PM
you've started something there...;-)

cheers

richard

Peter_1
25-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Was just thinking on the same question.
Yes, why?

Dave Goodings
26-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Hello Marc
Sorry I didnt read the article on oil traps I was thinking that any oil in the system would accumulate in the evaporator maybe seizing the compressor but i take it that with the higher velocities and also working in heat mode you do not get this problem putting a simple loop in the bottom of the leg when it starts to fill with oil the velocity of the gas will start to entrail it without getting slugs i didnt realize that these manufacturers say you do not need traps?
Regards
Dave G

Dave Finlay
28-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Are the "Traps" to catch the "Rats" ????

with Installations like that i am glad london is just a dot on the map. We Northerners dont do heights!!!!!! :eek:

rbartlett
28-04-2004, 07:58 PM
the guy in the pics was from liverpool..;-)

usual comments need not apply...

cheers

richard

absrbrtek
28-04-2004, 11:51 PM
And I was planning on shooting across the pond to work with you. I guess that aint gonna happen if you cant even take on FREE help. Oh well!!! :cool:

Bout time you got my posting to work!!!

Abe
26-05-2004, 10:33 PM
not sure if i can just make out the bottom there?, or if thats the black hole point lol.[/QUOTE]

Looks more like the black hole in Culcutta :D