PDA

View Full Version : Problem with DAIKIN RXYQ42M

cool#9
17-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi
I've a boring problem with a RXYQ42M consisting of 3 outdoor units.
Sometimes i have a L8 fault but i don't know on which outdoor unit...
I made several recording helped by the service checker and i found L8 for the whole system.
I know it's possible to check on each outdoor unit's led the last default or the last regulation just before a default.
I 've never understand this way (written in the service manual, see attachment ), maybe you could help... also i need to learn more about L8.
Thanks a lot
cool#9

superswill
17-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi
I've a boring problem with a RXYQ42M consisting of 3 outdoor units.
Sometimes i have a L8 fault but i don't know on which outdoor unit...
I made several recording helped by the service checker and i found L8 for the whole system.
I know it's possible to check on each outdoor unit's led the last default or the last regulation just before a default.
I 've never understand this way (written in the service manual, see attachment ), maybe you could help... also i need to learn more about L8.
Thanks a lot
cool#9

L8 according to my book is:

inverter current abnormal/compressor overload/compressor coil disconnected,defect of inverter PCB/malfunction of power unit

in sort check incoming power supply,inverter PCB and comp

laf100
17-02-2009, 06:25 PM
It is possible find out where the fault is on a multi outdoor system using "monitor mode" & code 14 on the master outdoor unit it can tell you if its on the master, slave 1 or slave 2, (& what number component ie. if it were an outdoor EEV fault it tells you component 1, 2 or 3!) The first time I tried on my own I got half way there, but needed a decent Daikin phone tech' guy to explain the last bit, the manual is the usual "JEnglish" ie. they know waht they meant when they wrote it..... but could not put it into words that you & I undedrstand!!
My advice is to call tech support when you are in front of the master outdoor with the covers off.
If this really is not an option for you, post again & will try to explain as best I can!

cool#9
18-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Thanks a lot for your replies in fact i really need more information cause i'll go back on site tomorrow morning.
Thanks in advance
cool#9

cool#9
20-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi to all
I'm going back with my problem, i made a lot of investigations and only found a wrong connection on the inverter wire harness compressor [ON INVERTER PCB side] , main unit RXYQ16M7W1B.
To confirm the diagnosis i decided to put the unit under code 38, mode 2 ...then only the 2 slaves units will run and i'll see if the L8 fault will appear again...
but (!) i still don't know how to check the default (i mean history) by the outdoor unit's leds, on each unit...
rgds
cool#9

laf100
22-02-2009, 09:57 PM
OK! Here goes....
1. You need to be at the master outdoor, and put it into monitor mode, by pushing the mode button once (push & release, dont hold down), then you have LED 1 flashing.
2. now go to item 14 by pushing the set button 14 times, then LED 4,5 & 6 will be on.
3. Push the return button, then check and see which LEDs are flashing (ONLY 4,5,6,7 ignore LED1)- this will give you the first part of the fault code by refering to the table on P.105 & P.107 of the PDF you posted- follow down the column headed "Check of malfunction 1" (EG 6 & 7 flashing would mean "E" is the first part)
4. Now push set again & you will get the second part of the code by lookin down the "check of malfunction 2" column ( EG 4 & 7 flashing would mean "9" is the second part= fault code "E9")
5. Finally push the set button a third time- LEDs 4 & 5 tell us if the fault is on the master, slave 1 or slave 2- if both LEDs are off= master, 5 flashing=slave 1, 6 flashing slave 2. At the same time LEDs 6 & 7 tell us which number component (IE "E9" is outdoor EEV of which there are 3 per CU, we can find out if its EEV 1,2 or 3) Both LEDs off= component 1, LED 7 flashing= Component 2, LED 6 flashing= component 3.

See I told you it was a challange!!:o
It's much easier than it sounds, once you have done it, it all becomes clear, give it a go, it's a handy "tool" to know.
:cool:

As always any questions, post back.

cool#9
25-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi laf100
Firstable i'd like to thank you very much for these explanations.
It's now more clearly, some simple things to do are greater than a long and complicated checker control... this is a very good handy tool you gave me.
So i checked and found out the master unit was under L8 fault due to poor connection on the inverter pcb.
I also found by this way that some old fault are still in the memory of the slaves units- like U1, U3- i mean on the led's monitor of them (not on master).
If possible i'd like to go further and check by items 20, 21, 22 the retries or the step down control... maybe you, or another dear RE member, could tell me how to do it...
_Again, a thousand thanks to you, laf100 and if you have some questions on the VRV i'll be glad to share my experience with you.
rgds
cool#9

cool#9
07-03-2009, 07:46 PM
If possible i'd like to go further and check by items 20, 21, 22 the retries or the step down control... maybe you, or another dear RE member, could tell me how to do it...

Hi
Is there a chance to have a reply or maybe it's not possible...
rgds
cool#9

laf100
07-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Sorry Cool#9 I have not been online that much lately- very busy at work!!
I have not used Monitor mode 20,21,22 myself, but I presume you would follow the same procedure that we went through with monitor mode item 14, but the code given would be the retry code (i.e. the code that will become an actual generated error, if it continues).
Hope this helps,
LAF100:)

cool#9
01-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Sorry Cool#9 I have not been online that much lately- very busy at work!!
I have not used Monitor mode 20,21,22 myself, but I presume you would follow the same procedure that we went through with monitor mode item 14, but the code given would be the retry code (i.e. the code that will become an actual generated error, if it continues).
Hope this helps,
LAF100:)
Thanks again laf100, i'm late with the answer, busy at work too.
I tried one time and found like "U2" retrying fault on my system, does it mean a problem with the power supply or the inverter board... strange there's nothing like this on the checker, except current drooping control or something like that...
Anyway i think we have always to learn about this famous monitor control...
rgds
cool#9

thuydsc
03-04-2009, 09:58 AM
How to check history error in outdoor unit?

cool#9
06-04-2009, 06:39 PM
How to check history error in outdoor unit?
Hi just read the whole post and you'll understand and maybe someone else could explain more about it ?
rgds
cool#9

cool#9
26-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi to laf100 and other members.
I' ve had a new info about this topic, you can reset the faults , by enterring in mode 2 first, and press the mode button again during 20 sec approx. This will clean the memory.
Hope this could help
rgds
cool#9
ps:
I' m searching for the way to clean the number of unit in the memory...

laf100
27-04-2009, 04:19 PM
If you push and hold the reset button on the master outdoor for 5 seconds, it forces an F1F2 recount.

cool#9
27-04-2009, 06:54 PM
If you push and hold the reset button on the master outdoor for 5 seconds, it forces an F1F2 recount.

Yes i know, thank you, not really sure this will clean the memory, i'll check again....
rgds
cool#9

laf100
27-04-2009, 09:11 PM
The only way I know to fully erase the memory is push & hold the mode change button until the system changes into mode 2 then keep holding until it goes back to mode 1 again. But be warned you will have run the self test again.

wingman
28-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Recently I had a similar problem.
L8 the first couple of times. Then after a while L5. It appeared that the compressor was mechanicly locked and the inverter board was broken.

laf100
28-04-2009, 08:54 PM
At least you are in a good location for spare parts!!