PDA

View Full Version : daikin rzq

paulwild
15-02-2009, 04:25 PM
hi guys,
last week got called to a daikin rzq system for a server room , found the condensor to be blown ,
i contacted daikin with the details of the unit turns out its under 2 years old?.
they said it is still under a 3 year warrenty?
then they said they would send out a new condenser next day and agreed to pay 380 pounds towards cost of fitting , well the next day the condenser arrived what service just waiting for the credit note now???
;);)

brunstar
15-02-2009, 05:13 PM
that is great service!

what was the cause of fault?

stuartwking
15-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Yes does sound good service. Or Daikin know that this is a common problem!!!. Dont be shocked if you are back replacing the new coil in 6 months.
The RQZ/RZQS are good machines. If only the coils would hold pressure!!!!!.
We now keep stock of these coils due to the amount we replace.

paulwild
15-02-2009, 08:00 PM
dont no what caused it to blow?
due to fit the coil this week will check system once up and running ,
but daikin feel that it is just a faulty coil

paulwild
15-02-2009, 08:02 PM
p.s
stuartwking, what are the coils like to change , how long e.t.c

stuartwking
15-02-2009, 08:46 PM
HA HA Daikin think it is a faulty coil!!!,
I have change more of those coils than i have had hot dinners.
I believe these coils are made poorly and thats what cases them to pop. Just like the old 2 weld refnets.

The coils are actually fairly easy to change. A full strip down, 2x brazes and that is about it. Can be tricky if at high level so maybe scaffold required.
It is a real shame for the coils popping and even the replacement coils burst!!!!, but they are good systems ( i think).
It is probably safe to allow a day to change the coil or maybe leave system under pressure over night.
Paul i am sure you will manage as it is straight forward ( and can even be fun).

Every time i even look at a RZQ 100/125 i always check the right side turns of the coil.

Happy changing.
:)

multisync
15-02-2009, 10:18 PM
I have seen these go and the replacement ones go too. Next is the compressor which relies on the discharge gas to 'cool' it. That can fail either then or not long after...

I 'think' it is a stability problem. The unit is to high or lacks rigidity(cost cutting) . I 'believe' the unit sways which causes the tubes to rub through -they always seem to go where they pass the pierced end plate.

Of course as Daikin Europe (and Space) deny that this is a 'known' fault -they actually have never had one fail under warranty, honest injun- and therefore simply cannot be a common problem.........
Ironically DUK know it is! .:rolleyes:

paulwild
16-02-2009, 08:03 PM
thanks guys , due back on site on thursday to change it , lets see how the presure test goes hey??????