PDA

View Full Version : User/engineer friendly controllers-frontend

Mark
21-04-2004, 02:32 PM
Hi people :)

What do all consider as easy to get on with.

Regards Mark :)

Mark
21-04-2004, 03:55 PM
CDK can be nice equiptment to work with ;)

Latte
21-04-2004, 07:44 PM
ELM gets my vote, seems more user friendly than CDK.
I don't know what it is at Chingford, but some mickey mouse system that just gives numbers for parameters, unless you have a list you are up the creek with no paddle.

At the end of the day, you will prefer whatever you use most & are used to.

Regards

Raymond

Mark
22-04-2004, 05:48 AM
Hi Ray
Im allways available for advice if you ever need it :)
Regards Mark

Ian_Eb
22-04-2004, 07:09 AM
ELM gets my vote, seems more user friendly than CDK.
I don't know what it is at Chingford, but some mickey mouse system that just gives numbers for parameters, unless you have a list you are up the creek with no paddle.

At the end of the day, you will prefer whatever you use most & are used to.

Regards

Raymond

That will be the GB OCC range of controllers from memory

Mark
22-04-2004, 11:47 AM
George Barker universal controllers yep ;)

Very easy to program and set up :)

Ray i gave your supervisor a list of parameters for you guys :)

Latte
22-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Hi Mark,
Yes i have a list and we have left copies at the store that has them.

Regards

Raymond

Andy
22-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Hi
from memory, if a Barker controller was fitted to a case the parameter numbers and description was to be found glued to the lid of the controller box, or has modern technology done away with that :D
Kind Regards. Andy.

Ian_Eb
23-04-2004, 06:28 AM
They seemed to change over to having the instruction sheet clipped into one of those plastic cable clips in the power tray at some point.

Probably easier, with the different controllers and so on, but they are easier to lose as well

Mark
23-04-2004, 01:15 PM
Yes the sheet of parameters SHOULD be with the case controllers,behind the raceways :) Andy :p
Easy controller, performs EEV or LLSV relay switching via adjustment of dip switches,(according to set up)
Bit of a job enabling comms if you havent worked with Barkers controllers the procedure is disable comms,enter group and section number,enable comms and then check if on/off line parameters 71,72,73 of memory.The group and section number can be identified via the top end case configuration parameter.
The controllers arent as "robust" as there competitors they suffer from mains surges,spikes,etc tends to wipe their defrost memory :mad: .
Basically the controller is very slow at "talking" to top end,simple defrost commands can be overlooked.
Regards Mark :)

Ian_Eb
23-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Yep, something like that

Coldroom controllers used 61, 62, 63, 64 and cases used 71, 72, 74, 74

71 = Group (1 to 40 something [49 rings a bell])
72 = Section (1 to 30)
73 = Enable/Disable
74 = Online/Offline Display

Mark
23-04-2004, 02:17 PM
yep it CAN take up to 30 minutes to come on-line real pain if your in a hurry :eek:normally takes a few minutes though. :)

FreezerGeezer
23-04-2004, 03:53 PM
As you say, the more familiar you are with it, the more happy you're likely to be with it. Personally, I liked ELM, but the best one for ease of use & service diagnostic info was the Woodley S5. Especially when the manager swore blind that they'd switched the cabinet to fans only overnight, like they'd been told... 'So, mr. manager, how come is the evaporator still frozen up, and how come the S5 shows that the cabinet has been runnig normally all night?? Now, would you like to repeat WHY you've called us out AGAIN??!!' :rolleyes:

Mark
23-04-2004, 04:36 PM
I see what your saying freezergeezer :)

Im not one for becoming complacent with controls either i like to understand as much as possible regarding taking them to there extreme to learn from it what if this happened .......what would be the effects.

Kind Regards Mark :)

750 Valve
25-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Not much of an Einstein fan but punched some buttons on an Einstein E2 last week, CPC seems to have got it together in a big way, use of colour screen was disappointing but was VERY user friendly unlike old Einsteins and very fast as well. Danfoss AKC is even more user friendly, takes fun out of commissioning though, not enough settings to play with. :(

whiffnsniff
07-08-2004, 05:21 PM
Being ex Honeywell-Elm I will side with the old tuscan 5 for ease of set up.Esp when copying settings across with the handheld or grouping on the pc to set values.
Danfoss/Woodley controllers with the tumbler menu are a bit of a pain.
RDM - plug in and set up from the front end ever sooooo easily.

Nice thing about the rdm front end for setting up.You chose one controller and it shows you what other controllers are the same type so you can set these up at the same time.
With the RDM front end being web based I have found that store staff prefer it due to the fact most have got pc's at home and use ie