PDA

View Full Version : Carlyle 5H-60 compressor

Pras
13-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi guys, I just join this forum. I am a rig electrician, currently position on West Malaysia. I have a problem with my main air con that use Carlyle 5H-60 compressor. The system always tripped by differential pressure switch. No different pressure suction and oil that makes the system tripped. We already changed out the oil pump, but the result remain the same. Is there any possibilities except the oil pump that cause this problem? Thanks in advance.:)

Grizzly
13-02-2009, 04:20 PM
I presume you changed the oil and Filter / Strainer at the same time?
If you did then what is the run hours of this machine compared to when it was last serviced?
Excessive Bearing wear will give the symptoms you describe!
Tell us more please.
Grizzly

GHAZ
13-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Hello pras check the oil pressure relief valve, which is positioned near the main drive end bearing housing,undo the nut and then using 5/16 or 8mm hex wrench ,screw out the valve and check its not stuck open, first and then think about major overhaul ,be careful when putting bearings in especially the main drive end because on older bodies theres a lubrication hole which lines up with the bearing and the oil pressure relief valve, if not lined up properly it will cause alot of trouble. the non drive end bearing housing the bearing sticks out a bit to locate thrust washer, any problems rebuilding it let us now.