PDA

View Full Version : George Barker Display Cases

Mark
20-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi All :)

I recently commissioned a store incorporating a number of HT cases made by George Barker( BELLA VISTA) fitted without a canopy.Basically where the roof was meant to join the back there is a air off grille fitted .
In my opinion they do look good, However why have climate control in the store.
On one hand you save money/ electricity on the fact there are no shelf lights or night blinds on the other hand the shop floor lighting has to be increased accordingly to compensate.Good concept though.LOL
Still the customer is allways right.

Regards Mark

Latte
20-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Hi Mark,
Sounds OK in therory, but surelt this means the evap fans have to be a lot more powerful to cope with the extra distance involved. Also what happens if someone changes the climate control in the shop or it goes wrong, how will the unit cope then.

I assume this is in one of your'e favorite "M" stores.

Regards

Raymond

Mark
20-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Evaparator fans standard ring mount fan assembly.

chemi-cool
20-04-2004, 03:50 PM
hi mark.

some tme ago I was asked to look at a case more or less the same configuration, problem was that it works non stop and cant keep the food cool,
all the experts was there checking, measuring temps, giving advices, bla, bla,bla..........

after they left, I took ma ladder and sealed the air- condition outlet which was just above. you can figure the rest.

open cases and climet control dont always go together. look up some times,
you might see the answer there. ( not higher then the ceiling :)

can you post a picture?

chemi

Mark
20-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Hi chemi :)

Spot on ;)
chemi cant send any pictures the site is around 250+miles away in southampton .

Kind regards Mark :)

Mark
20-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Attached jpg :)

Budokan
20-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Mark,

Linde manufacture a range of produce cases almost identical.

spacemanmark
20-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Hi mark,

How you doing, I have commissioned quite a few stores with "blue sky" cases and the early ones we really did have some fun with. In the summer they run with condensation and the air spillage was appalling. The air on alarms were unbelievable.

As for carrying out maintenance and servicing they really are difficult to strip down and replace the basics like probes and clean coils you have to empty the entire case.

Were the case you commissioned in a Wm store, if so did they fit electrical heaters in the kick plates/ well fronts, there’s not a lot of room under them cases and with the air spillage the isles get quite cold.

Regards

Mark

Mark
21-04-2004, 02:01 PM
Hello Mark

Im ok and you? .The cases ran allright when commissioning ,shelf/air temperature was adequate etc.Have used these before ,thought i would see other peoples opinion ;) .
The aisles were very cold :eek: Give me a George Barker MT12,6 etc anyday with coil,fan,probe,ballast access.Conventional canopy lighting blinds etc.
The store was fully air conditioned as well with a lennox condensing unit/ ducted :)
No mark not a wm site ,under case heaters were not specified.
Working the grave yard shift this week so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;)
See ya mark.

Kind regards Mark

panda
02-09-2004, 10:43 PM
I worked for Geo Barker for many years the reason these cases do not work in Wm Morrison sites is down to no A/C & proper ventilation through the stores.The sites i have visited had the revolving doors wedged open during hot days .The J Sainsbury sites i have visited with proper BMS controls the cases run fine.