PDA

View Full Version : carrier fault

oggy267
12-02-2009, 05:38 PM
I have a carrier cassette running on R22, when turned on the unit doesnt start and the green light on the indoor unit flashes four times. Can anybody help.

Im not sure what the model is.

thanks

Brian_UK
12-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Hi Oggy and welcome to the forum.

Have you checked with the Carrier website; pick one of the similar models if you haven't got the basic information such as model number.

cool_tech
22-02-2009, 08:51 AM
hey oggy how old is this unit?
i had an old carrier flash 3-4 times it was indoor coil sensor but it could also be the indoor board

paul_h
22-02-2009, 11:09 AM
It could be anything, and it's hard to say when you can't supply a model number.
I think I had a wall split do that, at first I thought it was an indoor fan/thermistor/PCB, but it ended up being a seized compressor.
So it could be anything, without giving the model number it's impossible to accurately diagnose without looking at the unit.

edit: Reset the mains, then run it on fan only mode. If it runs fine like that, then it's not a fan or PCB problem, might be compressor etc.
If it won't run in fan only mode after you reset the system, then it may be a thermistor, PCB, or drain pump problem, ie indoor unit problem.