PDA

View Full Version : Daikin - New Refrigerant Gas

Makeit go Right
12-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Wow, seems they are bringing out a new range of kit with a new refrigerant gas....better than R410a.

Er, new gauges, please!

Brian_UK
12-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Can you provide a bit more information ?

A link perhaps.

superswill
12-02-2009, 09:56 PM
i can only find this doing a google

HFC32
A type of HFC, HFC32 has the potential to significantly reduce global warming: it has a global warming potential approximately one-third of HFC410A and HFC407C, and it is more efficient. It can also be adapted for use in air conditioners in a relatively short time. However, even though HFC32 is not classified as a flammable gas under general high-pressure gas safety laws, it is slightly combustible. That is why we are currently assessing its risks and developing technologies to ensure its safe use. International standards for the safe use of propane, HFC32, and other flammable refrigerants are currently under consideration

taken from

http://www.daikin.com/csr/information/influence/03.html

airefresco
12-02-2009, 11:45 PM
I think Daikin may be trying to dress it up a little. According to the data sheet (http://encyclopedia.airliquide.com/sds/en/130_AL_EN.pdf) for this refrigerant it is highly flammable.

Personally, I think this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Argus
14-02-2009, 10:05 AM

R32 has been around since the early days of HFCs. It is not used as a sole refrigerant due to its inherent hazards that have already been mentioned.

It's worth saying that it is a component of many of the popular HFC blends, R407C, R410A etc. so in one respect all the main A/C manufacturers already use it.

There is considerable work going on with refrigerant manufacturers, mainly DuPont, and Honeywell, to develop a low (less than 150 GWP) refrigerant for use in MACs to overcome the impending European Union ban on high GWP gases in new cars.

It's also worth pointing out that Daikin in Japan is a noted chemicals manufacturer in their own right. A/C is not their only line of business.