PDA

View Full Version : Apprenticeship Australia

flatlinerz
11-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi all

Been trying to get into commercial refrigeration such as supermarkets here in Melbourne completed my pre-app in electrotechnology , tried all major ones such as Frigrite, Austral, Hastie, Hussman....still not taking in anybody know of any other commercial company's I can try??

thanks all

Tesla
12-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Hi flatlinerz
If you were interested in air conditioning you could try Dalkia - ask to speak to John Sparks he is the service manager. Good luck

flatlinerz
12-02-2009, 06:14 AM
Hi flatlinerz
If you were interested in air conditioning you could try Dalkia - ask to speak to John Sparks he is the service manager. Good luck

hey yeah I have already tried them and said there not looking due to being quite....but thanks for your help

flatlinerz
13-02-2009, 10:50 AM
anyone else?

paul_h
13-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Big companies which rely on big contracts are going to suffer the most during the current financial climate.
If you want to do an apprenticeship right now to get into the trade, I'd be looking at small companies that either do air con or small corner shop/restuarant fridges and coolrooms.
Any company that relies on big fit outs of new gear will find themselves very quiet, the repair companies with the larger amount of customers (but no big jobs, just lots of small cheap ones), will be the best bet.

flatlinerz
13-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Big companies which rely on big contracts are going to suffer the most during the current financial climate.
If you want to do an apprenticeship right now to get into the trade, I'd be looking at small companies that either do air con or small corner shop/restuarant fridges and coolrooms.
Any company that relies on big fit outs of new gear will find themselves very quiet, the repair companies with the larger amount of customers (but no big jobs, just lots of small cheap ones), will be the best bet.

thanks will do....you wouldn't happen to know any names of small corner shop/restuarant fridges and coolrooms company's do you?

opt
17-02-2009, 11:41 AM
I obtained an apprenticeship nearly two years ago, I was actually very lucky, I moved to rural South Australia town, and the electrical contractor here was looking for a apprentice, had a job a week after moving here and i havnt turned back since. I dont have any idea outside of this area i work in sorry, just be persistent, my boss says there will always be work in town regardless of what state your in. good luck.