PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV II problems

centrifs
10-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Help! I have vrvII with i touch (DSC601B51) controling an office space. When i got to site the boiler was running, windows open and vrv trying to cool, (-2*c - 2*c outside).Boiler timer has been changed for a morning warm-up only, windows are closed now.
The system has about 8 ducted units in an open plan office and 5-6 more in individual offices. Each FCU has its own RC (BRC1D52 i think). Also about 4 Vam's slaved off of RC's. Theopen plan area was having a thermostat war, so i have tried to prohibit functions except fan speed and set them at 24*. I come back in the morning and some at 22*, 23*?
Had Daikin in they deleted schedules, regrouped things , re set schedules.
Next morning same thing.
Any ideas would be a help.
Have researched on RE and downloaded a lot of info, but cannot find anything on DSC601B51. Anyone have a soft copy of it or link?
Coud the VAM's slaved off of RC be a problem. The VAM's are on a schedule to start during Occup, I dont see aneed for them linked to RC's. Also dont see a need for RC in open plan office,there are KRCS01 on all units at occupant level.
I was reading posts about program settings of RC ie. 10-01-02 but cannot find info on access to these menus.
I am new to VRV, but not new to A/C, Think its a great product if i could only get some info and training on it.
TIA

nicolacozma
11-02-2009, 10:07 AM
If you have an iTC on your system and you have programed a schedule on it then the next day the system will follow the schedule even if you are changing the setpoint temp on BRC during the day.
Or check if the backup switch is on(on the left side of iTC). If it is off then all programmed data(schedule, data&time, other) on iTC will be lost at the first power failure.

centrifs
12-02-2009, 08:46 PM
nicolacozma,the RC's are prohibited from use, but the next morning the setpoints are not what was programmed into schedules. Something in itouch is changing the setpoint other than the schedule we setup. checked all other schedules and nothing in them and disabled.
I have looked for the switch on left side , from research on other posts etc., I can not see it. Is it in side the small flap on side or do I have to remove itouch to gain access?
THANKS FOR THE REPLY

1torr
12-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Tiny little battery back up switch on left hand side towards bottom. Down is on. I have found that it's better to set up a group in an open plan area. Go to change over settings, then you won't have fan coils fighting each other when in auto mode. We normally put vams in a seperate schedule and bring them on at start of office hours, with no p1/p2 wiring, only controlled from i touch.All the best, Kev.

centrifs
12-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Thanks 1torr i will try that.

1torr
13-02-2009, 07:43 PM
If its the older i touch, the switch is on the r/h side under the flap. its sw1, should be on.

wardy2
14-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Is your system a heat recovery or a heat pump system ?

laf100
14-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Check to see if there are any auto-changeover groups set up in the ITC, if there are, and the changeover mode is set to "average method" this can cause setpoints to change "on their own".

wardy2
14-02-2009, 05:52 PM
laf100 i think were thinking on the same wave lentgh

centrifs
14-02-2009, 08:37 PM
wardy2 its reyq, which i am fairly sure is heat recovery.
laf100, how do i determine if they are auto changeover groups. we set groups up in auto mode at 24*, is that what you mean?
how do i tell if it is "averaging method"? I don't remember that in the sched, adv prop.
Thanks for the help

laf100
14-02-2009, 09:22 PM
There is a separate setup menu that is just for auto changeover, if it has been set up properly, it allows the ITC to determine when the group will change from heating to cooling. If possible it would be a good idea to register at Daikin extranet & download the manual for the DSC601B51. Also because you are using ducted fan coils, it is imperative tha they are fittted with remote room sensor kits, otherwise stratification will cause your units to see a false high room temp, & change to cooling mode.
There are some other field settings that should be set up during commissioning also- mainly 10-2-02 to turn off the sensor in the local remote, and 12-4-03 to set the BS box changeover differential to 3 deg C (only neccessary if you are not using ITC for changeover).
PS- REYQ is 3 pipe- heat recovery.

centrifs
14-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks laf100, I will try daikin now. But how do i set 10-2-02 and 12-4-03?

They have the room sensors in the open plan, but not in individual office spaces.

laf100
16-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Field settings are made from the local remote controller, it's a fairly simple procedure once you are familiar with it, rather than me attempting to explain the procedure, download this VRV basics guide manual from here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/64679330/53c032fc/SM-SiE30-408-VRV_basic_training_manual.html

(Link provided by Obi-Wan)

Section C (P.41 onwards) explains all about field settings and how to adjust then. Any problems, post again and I will try to explain further or calrify.

;)LAF100.

bobdaniels
16-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi, I had the same problem, Daikin also came to site and did the same, I was sent to the site to investigate, the problem with the i touch is you have to set the programme for every day individually other wise tomorrow comes and it ignores the previous day, so set sunday then monday etc. and it will be ok, cheers BD

laf100
16-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I am surprised that a Daikin engineer did not set up your schedule timer for each day, but you are quite right that the ITC schedule timer has to be programmed for each day you want it to run- much the same for most 7 day timeclocks. IMHO the touch controller is a powerfull and flexible control device, but it does require carefull setting up!

centrifs
16-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I have got access to extranet and downloaded the manuals. Not sure when I am going back to site. I will keep you updated, but I was told turn the boiler on and shut the vrv down:mad:. I would imagine all the windows are open by now. You cant win sometimes