PDA

View Full Version : Best blend discovered so far

abbasi
19-04-2004, 09:49 AM
See the attachment and decide yourself in light of my research paper that R417A(isceon 59) is best low temp refrigerant and direct replacement of R22

and

Dudes no oil change is necessary :rolleyes:

Peter_1
19-04-2004, 09:57 AM
First time I'm hearing about this.
Will do some search.
Good tip Abbasi.

Peter

Andy
19-04-2004, 10:08 AM
First time I'm hearing about this.
Will do some search.
Good tip Abbasi.

Peter
Peter if this is Isceon 59 it was developed in conjunction with Star Refrigeration, and is being widely used to replace R22 in one of our supermarket chains in the UK.
Kind Regards. Andy. :)

Peter_1
19-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Andy,

You're right
http://www.isceon-refrigerants.co.uk/ISCEON%20Products/isceon59-product.html

Diagrams are the same.

Will anyway have a closer look at it.

Have a nice day.

Peter

abbasi
27-04-2004, 05:07 AM
Peter if this is Isceon 59 it was developed in conjunction with Star Refrigeration, and is being widely used to replace R22 in one of our supermarket chains in the UK.
Kind Regards. Andy. :)

please can u give me insight as what iwud happen (practically)

if we use R417A in compressor of R22

as said no system changes are required how much is this true

and y dont

comp manufacurers not mention R417A in catalogues with R407C the former being better 1
and same price

Andy
27-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi abbasi ;)
the big differance with R407c would be the oil Ester oil is required, but with Isceon 59 no oil changes (apart from normal service changes) is required.
Kind Regards. Andy.

Prof Sporlan
28-04-2004, 01:03 AM
R-417A dew point pressures run below both R-22 and R-407C. At 20°F, R-417A dew point pressure is about 9 psi below R-22 compared to about 5 psi for R-407C. It may become a bit problematic to use a standard R-22 TEV with R-417A as the lower pressures will tend the TEV to overfeed. But R-417A has a lower net refrigerating effect than R-22 which also effectively reduces TEV capacity. As a result, care must be exercised when converting R-22 systems with TEVs to R-417A.

BTW, the Prof has pondered the Rhodia marketing considerations calling their new line of refrigerant blends the "9 series", i.e., ISCEON 29, 39, 49, 59, 69, 79, 89. What is the significance of the number 9? It is a perfect square. The Hebrews referred to 9 as the symbol of immutable truth. The Ennead is a 9 pointed star, and it once was a sacred symbol...

The Prof would have opted for the "8 series" however... It would seem much more prosperous. It is the basis of a monetary system. "Pieces of Eight" and "yo ho ho and a bottle of rum". Ok, the Prof has been drinking a wee heavy and needs to rest. :)

Andy
28-04-2004, 08:31 AM
As a result, care must be exercised when converting R-22 systems with TEVs to R-417A.

I would say good sound advise, as with any conversion the expansion device needs checking for correct selection :)

The Prof would have opted for the "8 series" however... It would seem much more prosperous. It is the basis of a monetary system. "Pieces of Eight" and "yo ho ho and a bottle of rum". Ok, the Prof has been drinking a wee heavy and needs to rest. :)

Professor :D you know that the best heavy's are brewed in Ireland and they don't travel well :eek:

I have little experience with Isceon 59 but I know the net refrigeration effect goes down , but the C.O.P goes up. Isceon 69L is the one I have used the most, it is a very good gas, but gives you a lot more refrigerating effect, with an increase in C.O.P, on 69L condensers become too small, design pressures have to be looked at and drive motors can run at their limits :eek: but if it's extra capacity you need without chaging the system, on low temperature R69L is the one.
I suppose one good this with R59 is the fact that more condensing surface becomes available and you never have that problem to consider :)

Kind Regards Andy :)

frank
28-04-2004, 08:37 PM
I've heard that 59 has oil return problems and the oil tends to foam a lot - is this true - has anyone else heard this?

Only ever used 49 myself as a replacement for R12 in a chill room as we don't tend to work on low temp installations.