PDA

View Full Version : Daikin RSXY10K7W1

gille
06-02-2009, 09:48 AM
I have problem with vrv system Daikin RSXY10K7W1. There is U7 error displayed on centralised remote control.
System do not work on heating.
Where can I download service manual.

martin102
06-02-2009, 11:13 AM
U7 error is a faulty transmission between outdoor units or heat storage device.
Do you have more than 1 condensing unit?
Have you run the system through a start up test?

gille
06-02-2009, 12:15 PM
I have 6 units. One unit do not work on heating but works on cooling.

paddyaircon
06-02-2009, 05:45 PM
have you tried wiring check from condensor?

brunstar
07-02-2009, 12:56 PM
if yoou have a U7 fault it is most likely going to be one of the outdoor pcb fuses blown, power to the outdoor turned off or faulty control pcb.
start with thecking you Q1 and Q2 cable between the outdoor units.

Dial666
07-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Hello
would one of you's be so kind to put a link up with daikin codes
not a d1 dealer so i can not access there site
thanks in advance

chillerman2006
07-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Daikin Codes below - quality not the best sorry

pdf. is 3.5mb and can not upload:)

Obi Wan
08-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I have problem with vrv system Daikin RSXY10K7W1. There is U7 error displayed on centralised remote control.
System do not work on heating.
Where can I download service manual.

Hello Gille,

On the RSXY10K (K series VRV) it was possible to group control the outdoor unit so that that more than one system can operate in the same mode at the all times. To achieve this you would have to install an adaptor PCB known as DTA104 to one of the indoor units and wire to the F1 F2 terminals. Then you need to link the F1 F2 outdoor terminals on the condensing units you want to group control. Then you need to make some field setting on the outdoor unit in Mode 1 and Mode 2.

You need to set up which of the outdoor units will be the master and which is the slave. You also have to program the cool/heat address on all outdoor unit in the same group.

So the upshot is that if you program one unit as a master, it will expect to see a slave unit or vice versa otherwise you will get the U7 error code indicating communication error between master and slave outdoor units.

Could it be that you have by mistake programmed one of the outdoor units and master or slave?

For normal operation and factory setting the outdoor units is set to “Ind” for individual control. You can see the LED lit under “Ind” for individual, “Mst” for master outdoor unit or “Slv” for slave outdoor unit.

Hope it helps

Regards
Obi Wan

Obi Wan
08-02-2009, 02:28 PM
if yoou have a U7 fault it is most likely going to be one of the outdoor pcb fuses blown, power to the outdoor turned off or faulty control pcb.
start with thecking you Q1 and Q2 cable between the outdoor units.

Brunstar,

There are no Q1 Q2 terminals on the normal VRV K series outdoor units.

Only on the RXY10K and RNY10K VRV Plus system with the function unit will you find Q1 Q2 terminals.

Regards

Obi Wan

Brian_UK
08-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Hello
would one of you's be so kind to put a link up with daikin codes
not a d1 dealer so i can not access there site
thanks in advance
You do not have to be a dealer to register with the Daikin website.

SeyBrew
08-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi Obi-Wan,

I am hoping you still post here since this is a good 4 years after this post.

We have a similar problem to the OP but it looks like - for whatever reason - our single outdoor unit has somehow been set to 'slave', which now makes it 'look' for the master unit which does not exist and therefore sends out the U7 error.

I have been searching through the literature Daikin gave us but nowhere does it say how we can change the setting of the outdoor unit from slave to master. any help?

VRVIII
08-12-2010, 10:47 PM
If you have H3P (H/C IND) & H7P (SEQ) both on this is normal LED display for individual heat/cool VRV K outdoor unit

If you have H4P (H/C MASTER) & H7P (SEQ) both on indicates the outdoor has been set as a heat/cool master.

If you have H5P (H/C SLAVE) & H7P (SEQ) both on indicates the outdoor has been set as a heat/cool slave.

To modify this setting when any of the above are displayed:
Press set until H3P individual is flashing (each time the button is pressed the display will change between IND/MASTER/SLAVE)
Press RETURN x 1