PDA

View Full Version : Daikin BS-boxes noise

nicolacozma
06-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Hi all
I have some Daikin HR VRV systems where the client is complaining the noise produced by refrigerant into BS boxes. They have some solution to reduce this noise, but I would like to ask if the other brands that are producing similar systems, come across with the same problems?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

El Padre
13-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi Nicola,

I have only worked on Mitsubishi Electric and Toshiba VRF systems apart from the Daikins and as they work differently, i.e. with the branch controller box's they do not appear to have the same problem that Daikin have, or if there is a noise it would be in one area only.

Regards

1torr
13-02-2009, 09:57 PM
We had a noise coming from a bs box. Daikin UK carried out a software upgrade (valve timing)which involved puting a lap top on every bs box. It was caused by 1 valve passing.We also had the same noise on another site, that was because we fitted an extra fan coil and bs box to an existing system, but the office ordered the wrong series fan coil. Regards Kev.

Thermatech
13-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Any item which has electronic expansion valve or solenoid valve can make some noise as refrigerant passes through.
If the noise is excessively more than normal it will be caused by some problem like incorrect refrigeration pipe connection or some malfuction of solenoid valve / electronic expansion valve.

An investigation of system operation is required to find the cause.

The premium VRV / VRF brands only make very slight refrigeration noise & if the the box is in the ceiling void there should be no noise problem.

wardy2
14-02-2009, 03:06 PM
there is a service code to program from the outdoor unit to change the speed at which the vavles open and close in the function box. This is sometimes used to cure this noise,Daikin should be able to advise you on this.

nicolacozma
14-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks to all of you, I will try on site your advises