PDA

View Full Version : Coltrec 2 controller query ?

manxaircrest
04-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi Everyone have looked at an older unit that has a coltrec controller circ 1993 ish (possibly) it has a red led display with two manual knobs to adjust defrost intervals to the right of the panel.... on the pcb it has Coltrec 2 written on the green base....... am looking for manual on the controller or information on re setting the controller to enable the evap fan to remain on at set point ? anyone help on this ..... many thanks in advance ..... Brian

coolhibby1875
05-02-2009, 04:39 PM
climate centre will help you on that 1

Brian_UK
05-02-2009, 08:11 PM
You don't seem to be having much luck with that old Coltrec unit.

Try these people as they carry the later versions.

www.thermomax-group.com/

I know in the past when I was after info they were very helpful.

manxaircrest
09-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Hi just for ongoing record ... have been speaking to chap (Brian) at a division of thermomax and he although aware of controller model seems to have no set up info on it ... is digging around for some. a new controller seems a tad extreme just to keep the fan on during "off cycle" ?? will post soulution when I have one !!

manxaircrest
09-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi again ..... complete blank no one including the manufacturers have any info on this controller tried all net and links from there inc climate centre and no further ..... seems any other controller would find something but not coltrec ?? still struggling with changeing a controller for a parameter setting but i really am running out of options, ?? cheers again Brian ..... if i do have a breakthrough I will post the result (before I change the whole lot that is ) !

Brian_UK
09-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Is it possible to add something to the controller/control wiring to keep the fans running ?

manxaircrest
09-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Hiya Y'no how sometimes the obvious drifts away from the problem ?? In fairness I had thought of this solution in the begining however I side stepped it over the ridiculous situation where even the manufacturer can't give you the info on one of there own controllers .... seems a good fix given that its only storing flowers and runs at positive temps all the time ?

Still have this urge to solve the problem though !!

Cheers again Brian

Brian_UK
09-02-2009, 08:08 PM
It doesn't have something simple/stupid like an evaporator 'stat which switches the fan on and off does it?

manxaircrest
09-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Hi .... No it simply shuts down when reaches temp then sits and sweats till cut in .... its not a huge room but I feel that the control could be improved greatly by simply leaving the fan running therefore achieveing circulation whislt off cycle ... I thought a relatively simple adjustment !! so in answer to your question no I believe its all controled via the controller .....

Brian_UK
10-02-2009, 11:15 PM
I wonder, are we expecting too much from this controller?

Does it have separate wires for the fan, the compressor, or solenoid valve, etc or is there simply one power out to "the condensing unit" which then powers the fan?

Could you provide power to the fan via the door switch and interrupt it on defrost ?

manxaircrest
11-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Hi again ..... returned to unit yesterday and had another look with a view to bridging in the evap fan on off cycle (which is where this all started) I think maybe that you are right in that we are possible asking too much, however it does have marked up separate connections for heaters,condensing unit fan etc ? what I have discovered is that if you play with the lower right "knob" the fan relay chatters and sparks ? so at that point enough now being enough The new controller is now on its way !! I'll now do what I should have done the minute Coltrec couldn't give me any info on one of there own controllers !! all the very best and thanks for the words .... Brian

Ps it wasn't all a waste of time coz it got me linked up to this site which makes interesting reading ?

Brian_UK
11-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Yes, if all else fails, bin it.

Glad that you're enjoying the forum. :)

richardb14
14-02-2009, 11:32 PM
sounds to me like someone has wired the fans into the compressor relay, why dont you just wire them straight off the mains supply to the controller?